Chapter 41

Now that the important matter of getting married was done, and there was no need to go to the city to visit shops or slaughter animals, Huo Shu suddenly had nothing important to do.

But after spending ten years in the military camp, he had already developed a restless temper.

Even though there is no fixed job to do, he still finds farm work to do, which is enough to fill the day.

The Ji family did all the hard and tiring work, including going up to the mountains to cut firewood and frost and mowing grass. They were not afraid of fatigue or the cold, but even the long-term laborers they hired were not that capable.

Ji Yangzong and his wife are increasingly satisfied with having their son-in-law here.

Taking advantage of the two sunny days, I went to Zhao's house to help Yuan Huiru repair the roof.

After all, the Zhao family's house is not as good as the Ji family's, a thatched mud house. After winter, it rains for days and days, and the roof is in disrepair and leaks.

In the coldest month of winter, although it rarely snows here, it rains continuously every day. There are already few people in the house, and it will be even colder if there is rain.

If we don't take advantage of the good weather to make repairs, we will have to spend the New Year in the cold.

"Okay, now it's been renovated so tightly that I won't worry about it leaking again for a while."

Yuan Huiru looked at the newly bundled straw mats on the roof and said with a smile: "This roof has not been taken care of for two years."

Ever since Huo Shu and Ji Taoyu got married, Huang Manjing had been interacting with Yuan Huiru a lot. People in the village were also snobbish. Seeing Yuan Huiru's relationship with the Ji family, she suddenly became enthusiastic and took special care of the widow. .

Among the village neighbors, Yuan Huiru was much more lively than before.

Huo Shu often came over to do things, and his life was no worse than before.

Taoyu heard the sound and ran over from one side. She watched Huo Shu come down from the ladder and said, "What's wrong?"

"It's pretty much the same. It's no problem if there's no strong wind."

Huo Shu put away the ladder and moved it under the eaves.

In front of and behind the eaves, inside and outside the house, there were dust, grass and wood chips that fell from the roof. Several people cleaned them up together.

It doesn't sound like much work, but it takes most of the day to travel here and there.

In the evening, after everything was tidied up here, Huo Shu and Tao Yu went back.

"I didn't do much work, my arms hurt or my legs were sore."

Huo Shu looked at the little brother walking in front of him and beat his shoulders. He muttered without saying anything and just put him on his back.

Taoyu hung softly on Huo Shu's body, with her chin tucked into his neck: "There's only two steps to go home, so there's no need to carry mine."

Huo Shu ignored the duplicitous words of the brother on his back, saying that he didn't need to carry it on his back and that he was closer than anyone else.

He talked to him about business: "The house on the Zhao family's side

Two years later, when it was renovated, the wood in the beams became rotten. "