Chapter 89

The queue was long and the journey was slow. By the time we reached the meeting point outside the city, it was already too late.

There were more than a dozen people waiting anxiously on the other side. There were four cavalry archers left in the riding range, including a fellow from the Northern Territory and Orion Xiao Yong who came to follow Huo Shu.

Huang Yinsheng took the medicine boy Huang Qi, and Wu Lianhe was with Zhao Pan.

As well as Jiang Yuhou's family.

Jiang Yuhou originally wanted to take his family to join his brother in the capital, but the war in Tongzhou broke out suddenly, and he did not have time to deliver the letter to his brother.

Although his brother was an official in Beijing, his official position was low and he lived in his father-in-law's home. He could not speak much and could not make the final decision on everything.

As a big family like them, they hurriedly went to join him without causing any trouble to him. After thinking about it, they finally decided to follow Huo Shu and the others to Yuchang Mansion first. Then they would settle down and then send the message there to see if it was convenient.

Huo Shu made an explanation in advance, so everyone gathered together to wait for the big team.

There were several large carts of things, and their team looked quite large.

There has never been a curfew in Tongzhou. Although it is also very lively at night, the liveliness is only in the streets where night markets are held, and not the whole city is as noisy as during the day.

The area outside the city is very quiet at night, but unexpectedly at this time today, there are cars, horses and pedestrians going out in the city all the time.

There were many carriages and horses carrying goods, as well as hurried passers-by bundled with their luggage.

The news in the city was better than that in the countryside outside the city. Not only were they leaving at this time, but many people in the city were already moving.

There were a lot of people coming and going, but no one opened their mouths.

It is not surprising that Huo Shu and his party fled together under this situation, but the size of the team still attracted attention.

The passers-by glanced at him and said nothing, but instead walked faster.

In the night, this majestic and rich city was silently infected with a layer of death.

Huo Shu and Huang Yinsheng met each other and didn't say much, just nodded slightly in greeting.

The atmosphere was a bit solemn, and no one was chatting leisurely.

Huo Shu took a look at the people and goods, then led the team around the city.

"Is Little Taozi okay?"

Huang Yinsheng drove his carriage and stood beside Tao Yu's carriage. He glanced at the people in the carriage and saw that Tao Yu's face was a little pale under the faint firelight.

Taoyu was just about to shake his head, but suddenly his stomach turned upside down, and he immediately covered his mouth and retched.

I wanted to vomit, but nothing came out. Instead, my eyes turned red and tears started to form.

Seeing this, Huang Manjing and Yuan Huiru reached out and patted Taoyu on the back almost simultaneously.

"I felt like vomiting from time to time just now on the road."