Chapter 17

"The materials have been wrapped. Do I need to put them on the carriage with you?"

When Huo Shu and Ji Taoyu came out, the waiter had already packed the cloth neatly and was waiting at the door with a smile on his face.

Huo Shu took the three bundles of materials and handed them to Tao Yu: "Take them back."

Taoyu was stunned for a moment when she heard this. When she realized what she was saying, she quickly pushed back and said, "No, no, my mother will have to give me a scolding if I take her back."

Taoyu seemed unhappy when she saw that Huo Shu maintained his movements and had no intention of retracting. He realized that his refusal might have been too direct, so he said tactfully:

"Well, you'd better take it back by yourself. Although this material is not suitable for men to make clothes, it can be kept for future marriage, and it is very decent."

Huo Shu's brows tightened, and he wanted to say no and throw it away, but after hearing Tao Yu's words, he remained silent and said, "That's alright, just put it with me first."

Taoyu nodded and clasped his hands happily: "Then I'll go to Azu's medical clinic."

"Wait, I'll go get the horse."

Taoyu said quickly: "You don't have to give it to me. It's not far from here. I can just go there myself."

Huo Shu didn't answer his words and followed the man to the stable.

"Eh!"

Taoyu wanted to say that it was not necessary, but unfortunately the man followed the wind and disappeared in the blink of an eye.

He couldn't help but think that he would fall into the river if he didn't look at him.

Taoyu sighed and was about to go to the door first, but suddenly a familiar clear voice came from the stairs behind her.

"Miss Xue, be careful of the stairs."

Taoyu subconsciously looked back and saw You Lingxiao.

"The hem of my clothes is too long and it will easily fall to the ground when I go downstairs. Brother Lao Lingxiao is worried."

A man and a woman came down the stairs one after another. The woman was dressed in gorgeous clothes, and her skirt was spread on the stairs as she walked.

You Lingxiao looked at the hem of the dress that had fallen on the stairs. He hesitated for a moment, and then saw the woman looking directly at him. He immediately hid his hesitation, then smiled gently, bowed and gently lifted up the hem of the dress:

"The dress is so radiant that people can forgive it even if it is a bit too long to fall to the ground."

The woman's eyes were slightly closed, obviously very satisfied with You Lingxiao's performance, and then she looked away with a smile, and her tone became much softer:

"If this dress can be approved by Brother Ling Xiao, then it is not in vain. I am also worried that if I pester Brother Ling Xiao to accompany me to go shopping, I will delay Brother Ling Xiao's study and be angry with me."

"How could it happen? Yesterday, there was a banquet in the village with a small amount of wine. I know that my lord, who is very busy with official duties, still cared about my little things and sent someone to inquire about it. I feel so ashamed in my heart. I came to thank you today. Your lord asked me to accompany Miss Xue for a walk. I am very happy. I feel honored, how can I be angry?"

The two came down the stairs. Taoyu's heart was pounding and she quickly hid behind the silk shelf.

Through the gap, he saw You Lingxiao holding the hem of the woman's skirt, bending slightly to go down the stairs step by step. He looked so groveling, but very patient.