Chapter 21

Taoyu's heart skipped a beat when she saw his father's reaction, but she honestly didn't deny it and nodded lightly.

Ji Yangzong's eyes widened: "The folks in the village told me privately that this man is not easy to get along with. He just doesn't say hello to people when he comes and goes, and he doesn't even pay attention to others who say hello to him. How come he keeps doing this again and again? Looking after you? Could it be this kid..."

"Dad, can you stop thinking nonsense? If a man says something to me, you will think that he has other thoughts."

Ji Taoyu quickly stopped his father: "It's so easy to make people laugh, and it makes people think that I am some kind of fairy cake."

Ji Yangzong frowned and glared at Tao Yu: "You are still young and don't understand anything."

After he finished speaking, he patted the back of Taoyu's hand again: "Besides, my brother is a hot potato."

Ji Yangzong said: "Today at the gathering in the city, Li Zheng from Hongli Village asked me about you, saying that their second son has reached the age of marriage."

"I've seen the second son of Zhou Lizheng's family. Although he's not as handsome as that little bastard from You's family, he has decent eyebrows. Dad can understand that although he is a good scholar, he is very ambitious. We ordinary people can't resist it. Looking for someone who can Just live a down-to-earth life."

"The second son of the Zhou family is a hard-working person. Now he has built a pond and raised fish and shrimps. He can make money, so it's not a loss..."

Seeing that his father kept talking and was even more talkative than his mother, Taoyu turned around and left before he finished speaking: "I don't understand what's going on. I'll go back home and make some medicine."

"Oh, Dad knows that you are still sad about Yujilang, but you still have to live your life."

Ji Yangzong saw that his brother had left without looking back, and quickly stood up and chased him in: "Okay, okay, if you don't want to, let's not be in a hurry. Take your time, take your time. Don't talk to me about it." Angry, your mother will miss me again later..."

The next day, Ji Taoyu changed from the dejection of the previous few days and got up early.

He bottled all the frostbite ointment and put it in a box, and told Ji Yangzong and Huang Manjing that they were going to the city to sell things.

In October, Ji Yangzong was busy collecting taxes, and he was worried that he would not be able to spare any time to comfort Taoyu. Seeing that he was willing to go out, he felt a lot relieved.

She didn't stop him from going to the city. On the contrary, he found some scattered silver and gave it to Taoyu so that he could buy some food and fun in the city.

"Your Azu doesn't know about breaking off the engagement yet, so you happened to go and tell him in advance."

After saying that, Ji Yangzong couldn't help but sigh: "When it's empty, he will keep it and come to the village."

Huang Manjing put a chopstick of vegetables into Ji Yangzong's bowl: "I can't blame you for this. Didn't I think about it for Xiao Taozi in the first place?"

Taoyu bit the steamed bun and heard that his father was a little worried when Azu came to scold him.

He raised his face and whispered: "Dad is also afraid of my father-in-law?"

"You don't know shit, and you dare to laugh at your father." Ji Yangzong pinched Taoyu's face and took the buns out of his hand: "Eat less, and you can still have breakfast in the city with an empty stomach." Eat some wontons at the food stall. Don't you love that?"