Chapter 67

The windows in the house were still open, and the shadows of the lush peach leaves fell on the windowsill, bright and mottled.

Taoyu suddenly ran to the window: "Ah, the peaches are already so big!"

Several peach trees outside the window were still bare when he left. He vaguely remembered the scene of Huo Shu climbing over the wall by stepping on the peach branches. It was a gray autumn rainy night, but in a blink of an eye, they were already full of leaves and blossoming and bearing fruit.

He took a deep breath of the air at noon in the summer moon, which smelled of sunshine with the smell of burning soft vegetation.

The house should be clean, just like when I left, but there is no smell of mold and dust that has not been inhabited for a long time. I guess my mother comes in regularly to open the window for ventilation.

Taoyu's mood had not been so solid and comfortable for a long time. He walked around the room and finally plopped down on the bed.

The quilt was extremely soft, dry and comfortable. He buried himself in it and took a deep breath: "Mom took the quilt and dried it in the sun."

Huo Shu moved their luggage into the house.

Seeing the person lying on the bed, he said: "I feel more energetic after being away from that bed. All the bones in my body are soft when I see that bed."

Taoyu turned her head and looked at Huo Shu: "Can't I lie down for a while? There are still a lot of things to do."

The clothes and mattresses used along the way must be freed up, and then they must be washed carefully. Taking advantage of the good weather, they must be dried and packed in boxes to prevent mold and insects.

In addition, I have to take care of the accounts and calculate everyone's wages. I look forward to getting the money after this trip. When the time comes, it will be time to pay off the debts.

There are also horses that require a lot of effort to sell, and it's hard to keep them on your own for a long time.

Horse grass is easy to find at this time of year, but there are too many horses, there is no room to raise them, and it is difficult to manage them.

Besides, it's already June, and I have to be busy with the autumn harvest next month. There are so many things to do that my head hurts just thinking about them.

"The horses can be sold quickly, and the family doesn't need to hire anyone for the autumn harvest this year. Uncle Fan and his party are completely busy."

Hearing what Huo Shu said, Tao Yu blinked: "It seems so."

"Then I'm going to take a nap and get up after lunch to help my mother make dinner. A Shou and Uncle Fan came all the way from the north, so they have to entertain them."

Huo Shu didn't say anything bad. Some people come and some come back. Good wine and good food are the custom.

He was just about to say that if there was anything he needed to buy, he would just go and buy it. When he turned around, Taoyu's breathing had stabilized.

Huo Shu's brows twitched slightly. He was tossing and turning outside and couldn't sleep peacefully. He had to curl up in his arms to fall asleep.

It was really different this time when I came home. I fell asleep within a quarter of an hour after I laid down with my clothes open.

He stepped forward and put him to sleep next to the pillow. He also changed the thick mattress into a thin blanket for summer and put it on his belly.

After sorting out the people, Huo Shuli stood by the bed and looked at the people for a while, his eyebrows softened, and he opened the door and went out.