Chapter 102

"This kid is really heartless."

Jin Kelu learned that Ji Wenliang had always been carefree after he left, but he was inevitably a little disappointed.

"It's not safe to go on this trip. I also need your help here. Let him go for now, but what will he tell you when he comes back?"

Taoyu said with relief.

He couldn't speak too clearly. Some things had to be explained to others in person by Wen Liang.

Fortunately, Jin Kelu is not a troublesome person. Everyone has left, and he knows that making a fuss is useless.

Taoyu still gave her instructions: "Brother Jin, when A Liang comes back, I will make him apologize to you. You must not chase him."

"I know it's not a child's play for him to pick up his second brother. It doesn't matter if he comes back safely. If not, I will take people to rescue him."

Taoyu blinked: "This guy is so virtuous and capable."

These days, while the Ji family is waiting for news from Ji Wenliang, they are taking charge of road construction.

The twenty-mile road was opened from both sides, and the grass had to be cut and rocks moved. After the road was cleared, the ground had to be burned with an open fire to prevent grass from growing.

The weather is hot and dry in the summer months, and burning fires in the wild can easily cause fires, so people need to keep a close eye on them.

People in the village go to watch the fun when they have free time, and they can also step on the newly opened roads.

"You don't need anything else. You have to sprinkle some salt. Nothing else. I'm good at barbecue!"

A small fire was lit on the roadside. Taoyu looked at a hare that Jin Kelu had brought from nowhere, skinned it and roasted it on the side.

Taoyu saw him take out a small bamboo tube from his waist, open it and sprinkle it on the rabbit.

"You still carry salt with you?"

Taoyu was a little surprised.

"Yes, we moved frequently when we were in the Northern Territory, and we often hunted in the wild and used local materials. Of course we carry this kind of thing with us."

The rabbit was roasted until it was sizzling with oil and smelled delicious.

"Hey, I'm turning on a small stove here."

Hearing the sound, Taoyu tilted her head and saw his third aunt walking over.

Taoyu called someone: "Third aunt is also coming to watch the fun today."

"The road between the two villages is about to be opened. I came here to familiarize myself with the road. It will be easier for us to visit in the future."

When Jin Kelu heard Taoyu calling the woman that way, he learned that she was a relative of the Ji family. He was very enthusiastic and said, "Auntie, let's have some together."

After saying this, Ji Wangju saw a big rabbit leg that was roasted on the outside and tender on the inside, placed in a banana leaf and handed over.

"Oh, how embarrassing is this."

Although he said this, he moved quickly, for fear of being taken back if he was even the slightest bit slow.

The family just bought four chickens to raise, and they didn't know that they would only be able to eat meat in the year of the monkey.