Chapter 88

Several people were silent, and Ji Yangkai whispered again: "Yuchang Mansion... isn't that too far away?"

Hearing this, Taoyu said directly: "Uncle, you were so anxious before when you had no choice but to pick a fight now that you have a way out."

"This is an escape, not a trip to the mountains and rivers. There are still places to choose from."

"Brother Tao, you are still young and don't understand the truth. The seeds in our fields are only half-planted. Could it be that you really want to let it go?"

"Do you know that when our ancestors opened up wasteland and cultivated the land, they didn't even have a handful of rotten heads, and the rocks and sand were thrown out with their hands. Today's fertile land, without the ancestors' persistence, how could you, the descendants, have a good life?"

When Ji Yangkai said this, Ji Yangming, who had not spoken at first, also muttered: "The foundation built by generations of ancestors, how can it be left so easily..."

Taoyu glanced at his father and saw that he didn't speak. People are stupid during pregnancy, but Taoyu was not stupid now.

"Then why did our ancestors come to Tongzhou? Why did they end up in Tongzhou without a clue? Didn't they move to Tongzhou because of the unrest in the place where they originally lived? If they died, they would all be gone. What's the use of having more land and property."

Ji Yangkai and Ji Yangming were choked by Tao Yu's words and didn't know how to refute.

He shut up for a moment.

Ji Yangcheng looked at Huo Shu, worried in his heart. Now he was worried not only about whether to leave or not: "What will happen when Wen Liang comes back? It's such a mess here. It's hard for them to send messages on the way. I'm afraid it's both ends." in a hurry."

Huo Shu said: "When they return from the Northern Territory, they will go directly to the transit point in Yuchang Mansion. No further notice is needed."

Ji Yangcheng breathed a long sigh of relief. After all, Huo Shu was still reliable, so he was speechless.

When Ji Yangkai saw this, he guessed that his seventh brother wanted to leave.

He turned to Ji Yangzong, who was frowning and had not opened his mouth: "Lao Liu, you are the leader of our village, can you leave?"

Ji Yangzong didn't say anything. One thing was that what the brothers said was right. The foundation of generations of ancestors was here. It would be difficult to uproot the roots even if it was said to be true.

Secondly, he just thought that he was the upright person of the village. When the monk struck the clock, if he left, regardless of whether the government would hold him accountable, the village would completely lose its backbone.

Taoyu looked at his father's expression and knew the struggle and embarrassment in his heart. Huang Manjing opened her mouth, but couldn't.

It was because of familiarity that I knew Ji Yangzong's character.

He has been working very hard over the years, and despite the many talkative people in the village, no one has ever had any trouble with him. If he was not doing well here, no one would be so disrespectful to him.

"father......"

Taoyu called softly, but he didn't say anything, he just raised his hand to caress his belly.

Why didn't Ji Yangzong know what Taoyu meant? He couldn't let go of his brother and his unborn grandson.

After a while, he took a deep breath.