Chapter 72

Huo Shu faced the person who was looking at him steadily. In the darkness, he could only trace the outline of his face, even if he couldn't see the facial expression clearly.

He could also imagine Tao Yu's unhappy expression when he asked the question from those uncertain and doubtful words.

Huo Shu pulled the quilt and covered Taoyu's exposed body.

He said patiently, "I don't want to."

Taoyu frowned, her tone a little aggrieved: "Then you are still like this."

"We have only been married not long ago, and we have a long time to come."

Huo Shu said: "There is no rush."

Taoyu is obviously not satisfied with this answer:

"I don't want to be anxious for a while. Children can also be anxious. It's just inconvenient to go out on business. Now that I'm at home, why should I take precautions?"

Lightning flashed outside the window, briefly illuminating Taoyu's face.

Huo Shu looked at the person's reddish eyes and frowned.

Taoyu didn't hear the answer, and he had never felt that Huo Shu's silence made him feel as angry and powerless as it did now.

Normally he could calmly guess when he was silent, but at this moment he was losing his mind.

He asked: "Have you found an old friend from your hometown? Sooner or later, you will have to return to the Northern Territory. For this reason, you don't want to have a child with me to tie you down."

Taoyu's voice was as soft as ever, but her tone was cold, like an ice pick piercing her heart.

Huo Shu was startled. He didn't expect Taoyu to think so.

For a moment, there was an indescribable smell that overwhelmed him. He had never felt like this before, and now he realized what it meant to feel like a lump in the throat:

"I never wanted to leave you."

"I said your home is wherever you are."

Taoyu sat quietly, not responding to Huo Shu's words, but suddenly started crying, but there was no sound.

Unable to hold back the tears, he grabbed the quilt and retreated back to the bed, turning his back to Huo Shu.

Huo Shu saw Taoyu's trembling shoulders and knew that Taoyu was crying.

But he didn't speak and ignored him, which made Huo Shu feel troubled. He didn't know what to say to comfort him.

He had no choice but to reach out to hug him silently, not wanting to touch anyone, but Taoyu was very resistant.

"I don't want you to touch me."

Taoyu pushed Huo Shu and shrank further into the quilt.

Huo Shushou froze beside the bed. He had never seen Taoyu lose his temper like this.

This left him at a loss, and he didn't know how to deal with it.

Taoyu has always been very docile, soft-tempered, and even considerate, so easy to get along with that he has never learned how to comfort a little brother when he is angry.

He felt a little irritable, more at a loss.

Taoyu likes children, he knows that.

If he was told now that he might not be able to have children, he would be very angry. After learning this, he didn't know if he could bear it.