Chapter 16

"Long live!"

The door suddenly opened, and a woman in her twenties burst in. Her cheeks flushed from running in a hurry.

When both parties saw each other, they obviously paused.

"Sister Wu San."

Taoyu stood up and called him softly, fearing that Wu Lianhe wouldn't recognize him. She wanted to introduce herself, but Wu Lianhe forced out a smile and called him: "Tao, Brother Tao."

"Sister Wu San still recognizes me?"

"How could I not recognize you? You are as beautiful as you were when you were a child."

Although it was time to catch up with fellow villagers again after a long absence, Wu Lianhe's thoughts were all focused on Zhao Changsui at the moment. She hurriedly held up the hairpin: "This, where did this come from?"

During the question, even I didn't notice that my voice was trembling.

Upon seeing this, Taoyu stepped forward and closed the door.

He introduced Huo Shu to Wu Lianhe: "This is Brother Changsui's robe. He brought the hairpin back from the north specially."

Wu Lianhe saw Huo Shu when she entered the room. She originally thought it was Zhao Changsui who had returned, but when she took a closer look, she realized it was not him.

She felt vaguely uneasy in her heart. When she heard Ji Taoyu's introduction, Wu Lianhe's heart immediately fell into the ice cellar, and tears could be seen in her eyes.

Finally seeing the person Zhao Changsui had longed for, Huo Shu also stood up. He looked at Wu Lianhe and finally focused on the hairpin:

"This is something he will always carry with him on and off the battlefield. Before he died, he asked me to bring it back. Now that it has returned to its original owner, I have lived up to his trust."

Wu Lianhe looked at Huo Shu intently after hearing this, and suddenly looked up at the sky to prevent the tears that were about to burst out of her eyes from sliding down. Her fingers tightened on the hairpin, and she almost wanted to break it.

After being silent for a while, Wu Wu burst out laughing, and then tears fell down his face uncontrollably.

"After all these years, I thought he had forgotten about me."

Huo Shu frowned slightly when he saw this: "No, for eight years in the Northern Territory, he never forgot a day until he closed his eyes."

Wu Lianhe looked at Huo Shu's cold and solemn face, and heard his words with no ups and downs in his ears, as if he was stating an insignificant matter.

But the more this happened, the more at ease she felt because she couldn't help but believe that what he said was true.

"As long as he hasn't forgotten me, that's fine."

Wu Lianhe smiled and said: "In this way, these years have been worth it. It doesn't seem like a joke."

Although Taoyu had never experienced such feelings personally, she was quite moved when she saw Wu Lianhe acting like this.

He stepped forward to support the shaky person: "Sister Wu San, sit down for a while."

Wu Lianhe sat down as instructed.

"When Sister Wu San had a disagreement with her family, was it because of Brother Changsui?"

Taoyu poured a cup of tea, handed it to Wu Lianhe gently, and asked the questions in her heart.