Chapter 34

"W-what did you say?"

Taoyu was dumbfounded when she heard Huo Shu's words. She wasn't sure if she heard correctly, so she subconsciously asked back.

"I said I would marry you."

Huo Shu looked into Tao Yu's eyes and repeated it again and again.

Now that he was convinced that what he heard was correct, Taoyu's mind went blank. He didn't expect that Huo Shu would say this to him without any warning.

Taoyu stood up at a loss, her face red from her neck to her ears: "You have helped me a lot, no, you don't have to spend your whole life just to sympathize with me."

"I want to marry you, not out of pity or sympathy."

At this point, Huo Shu said bluntly: "I have wanted to know you since I picked you up from the water, but I just learned that you were married to someone else. I was afraid that you would be troubled and I never mentioned anything to you."

"You may not want to, but don't think I am pitying you for saying this."

Huo Shu looked at Taoyu: "I have been on the battlefield for ten years and I will not pity anyone."

Taoyu clenched his hand tightly. He knew Huo Shu's temperament, and such a big matter would not be trivial.

But just because he knew he was serious, he didn't know how to deal with it. The incident was too sudden and he was panicked.

This man, this man, it's true that instead of talking to his parents, he talked to him directly.

What's the point of just agreeing? His parents have been obedient and protective of him since he was a child. If they don't agree, even if he agrees again, he can't decide to hurt them for the rest of his life.

He can't be like Sister Wu San. He is the only brother in the family. If he wants to let the second child worry again, then he is really unfilial.

However, he did not resist Huo Shu...

"There is no such thing as proposing a marriage and asking whether the proposed marriage partner is willing. Now, now, it is the orders of the parents and the words of the matchmaker."

Huo Shu said: "Even if your parents agree and you don't want to, it's all in vain. It's you I want to marry, not them."

"I just ask you, are you willing?"

"I!"

Faced with such a straightforward question, Taoyu's face was red and her ears were red, and she really couldn't open her mouth.

"I-I'll think about it."

After speaking, he left at a trot without saying hello.

Huo Shu stood up and chased for two steps. Seeing the man running eagerly, he paused again.

His brows were furrowed and he suddenly exhaled in frustration.

He clearly knew how to proceed step by step before, but why did he suddenly say this urgently with a rush of energy and blood today? It probably scared him.

Huo Shu was annoyed and stayed there for a long time regretfully.

"You're back? How's it going? Over there..."

Ji Yangzong and Huang Manjing hurriedly ran out of the kitchen when they heard the noise. Before they could finish asking, they saw Taoyu running into the house with a red face.

Ji Yangzong and Huang Manjing looked at each other in shock: "What's going on?"

"Look, I'm not happy."