Chapter 95

In mid-May, the fast-moving people in Lincun had completed the renovation of their residence.

The weather was hot in the summer months, and even the mud walls dried easily, so the villagers happily moved in.

Those who finished building first helped those who finished building later. By the end of the year, the building was almost completed.

The large courtyard that used to be home to Ji's family is now filled with many houses. Once this residence is built and filled with people, it will look like a village.

A big event happened, and the people became a little more relaxed.

June is approaching, which is when crops grow vigorously. In Lin Village, only the Ji family has about ten acres of land planted in time for the season.

Farmers walked in and out looking at the only few acres of land in the village. The fruits and grains they grew were so green that they couldn't help but feel hot in their eyes.

"This land is really fertile. Look at the sorghum growing a full two meters. The leaves are dark green and the flowers are blooming big. The results are definitely amazing."

Huo Shu asked the farm laborers to open up the land, but in a hurry, only the land was opened, not the fields.

There is no way to grow rice, the first choice of food, and they have to grow millet from dry land. In the north, millet is mostly grown for food, but in the south, it is still mostly rice.

Even though they are growing millet, which is common in the north, the farmers in Lincun are still envious. After all, it is better to have something than nothing.

Although people in the south are not accustomed to eating millet, during the war years, it was already very good to have land to grow food, so who would be picky about what they grew.

In addition, millet can also be used to make wine and serve as feed for poultry and livestock. After shaking off the millet ears, you can also tie them into brooms, which is also very versatile.

"I've seen the fertile ground here. It's sunny in the daytime, and there's plenty of water in the mountains and forests. Just looking at the path, you can see several ground dragons popping out when the grass is pulled apart. It's very fat."

Several old men were surrounding the crops in the field with their hands behind their backs, chatting animatedly.

Nowadays, I feel relieved that my head can protect me from the wind and rain. I have been working in the fields for a lifetime and my whole body is burning up.

"I have some spare time on hand. I think I need to open a few acres of land for planting. Even if there is no food to grow after the season, it would be better to just sow some vegetable seeds and plant ten or eight green onions." Just keep eating some pickles."

"After spring, there are fewer wild vegetables. We need to plant some vegetables to eat."

"If nothing else, this fertile land will be a waste if it is not used to grow crops."

A group of old men and women chatted for a while.

Zhuang Li, a young man from the village, was called to the compound by Huo Shu.

"It is easy for wild beasts to appear in the mountains. Although every household now has a residence, the night watch must not be careless."

Huo Shu said: "Then the bandits are active in the eastern area of Yuchang and appear from time to time. You need to be vigilant at all times. The bandits in the Yuchang Mountains are extremely vicious. It is common for people to be captured, burned, killed and plundered. They must be monitored even during the day."