Chapter 9

The second son of the You family was elected, and a banquet for the villagers was scheduled for the 26th. The You family invited everyone in the village to make a grand party.

Scholars in the Jiangnan area are respected and loved. For this reason, farmers who have enough food at home will send their children to private schools for two years. Many people in Tongzhou are literate.

Although reading is a common thing, those who can really read well and get some fame and fame are the best after all.

The You family is a household with a common surname in the village. They were the first farmers to come to Mingxun Village when they opened up wasteland. The family has been passed down to this day for generations.

Our ancestors had a line of hunters, butchers, traders, and craftsmen. When the You surname was united, it was also prosperous for two generations. However, when it lasted until these two generations, a lot of people's hearts were scattered, and there were no descendants who were very successful. Li Zheng, who had been honored for three generations, also moved to the Ji family, and as a result, he became even worse than before.

Speaking of which, although the Ji family was a farmer who came to Mingxun Village to open up wasteland, the previous generations were far less prosperous than the You family. However, in recent years, the You family has gone downhill, while the Ji family has been on the upswing.

Both surnames are the top families in Mingxun Village, and they have always supported Mingxun Village. The two families have a lot of contacts and are inextricably linked, but they often fight openly and secretly, and compete with each other.

Going back to the You family, although the past two generations have been poor, their ancestors have some inheritance. The land, mountains and forests still account for the majority of the village. They will not be rich and noble, but they still have plenty of food and clothing.

The You family prides itself on being one of the most famous families in the village, and the threshold for marriage is very high.

You Erlang's father had a total of six brothers and sisters in his life. His father was the fourth and was in poor health. Even so, it did not prevent the You family from finding a good member of the family.

Originally, we had agreed to find a family, and the family was pretty well off, but the elder brother was a bit thicker and a bit plainer in appearance. The You family thought that he would be able to take care of the fourth child's housework.

The two families agreed well, but before getting married, the eldest daughter of the Sun family hooked up with the fourth child of the You family. The two had an affair before marriage and actually turned raw rice into cooked rice.

How could the You family look down on a family like the Sun family, which had a lot to eat but never finished a meal? However, the eldest daughter of the Sun family threatened her with death. If she couldn't get into the You family, she would die in front of the You family. The matter would be embarrassing.

The You family had no choice but to grit their teeth and marry him in.

The Sun girl got what she wanted, but it caused the You family to lose face in the village, and they also had to pay a lot of losses to the people they had agreed to before.

The You family hated this daughter-in-law with all their teeth. After the marriage, the relationship between mother-in-law and daughter-in-law became very tight.

However, the eldest daughter of the Sun family had not lived a good life for a few years before the fourth son of the You family passed away. The You family still resented the coercion of the Sun family. After the fourth daughter of the Sun family passed away, instead of taking care of the orphans and widows, she angrily criticized the Sun family. He killed his own son and received only a handful of things when the family was separated.