Chapter 7

Some grass has grown on the top of the earthen grave, but this fact makes the earthen soil less likely to collapse when exposed to rain.

Huo Shu lit a stick of incense, stuck it on the grave, and bowed.

After all, the best days are when the mountains and rivers are stable. Although the old friend has passed away, at least there is still a piece of land for memory and memorial.

Unlike the Northern Territory where the iron horses never rested and even the graves of relatives and friends were trampled flat, the local people could only keep moving around.

He sighed in his heart, took back his hand, and looked at Zhao's mother who was tearing paper money and talking to Zhao's father. Suddenly, there was a burst of firecrackers in the distance.

The sound of the cannon continued loudly and exploded for a long time.

The two of them looked at the place where the firecrackers sounded at the same time until the sound of the firecrackers stopped.

"Looking in the direction of the You family, I think Erlang of the You family has returned from the city."

Zhao's mother said like Yourong: "There are many sons and daughters who have studied in our village, and the one who is most talented and learned is the Erlang of the You family. He went from a boy student to a scholar all the way. The former son came out of the Guipang and won the imperial examination." "

As she said that, Zhao's mother showed unconcealable envy: "His mother has managed to survive now. She lost her husband a long time ago but did not remarry. She raised a pair of children by herself. Now Erlang has become a talented man. From now on, Just waiting to enjoy the blessings."

They both became widows, and her son had a promising future, but she was given away by a man with white hair and a man with black hair.

Huo Shu heard some sadness and said, "Auntie, don't be too sad."

"It doesn't matter, I'm just happy."

Zhao's mother said: "There is a new scholar in our village. You Erlang has achieved such fame at a young age. He may not be able to become a high official in the future. People in our village say we are very proud of him."

The women in the village have little interest in showing off their scenery, and they always talk to Ai about village affairs.

She said: "Looking at the momentum, the You family is going to have a banquet. You and your aunt will go to have wine together. The host family likes to be lively for such a happy event."

Huo Shu neither agreed nor refused. He had no interest in irrelevant people and things in the village, but then he heard Mother Zhao say happily:

"Brother Tao is also blessed."

Huo Shu, who had not spoken to much before, heard this and asked indifferently: "That one in the field just now?"

Mother Zhao laughed: "Have you seen him?"

"Um."

"Brother Tao is the most lively little boy in our Shili Baxiang. It's a pity that he is in poor health. But Li Zheng has good vision and arranged an engagement for him and You Jia Erlang early. Now that he is old, You Erlang has been lucky again. Hey, even if Li Zheng is reluctant to let go of my brother, he still wants to get married."

"The Erlang of the You family is gentle and gentle, and Brother Tao is kind-hearted. He always takes care of the folks in the village and is a good match. This is a perfect marriage. The banquet will be grand and lively."