Chapter 77

In early July, Huo Shu found a pretty good caravan while doing business in the city. Although it cost some money, it was very efficient.

After the construction team was selected, the drawings were quickly provided, and once they were confirmed to be correct, construction began.

Spend money to get things done, and the work team performs its duties. Uncle Fan and the others can go to supervise the work from time to time, but Huo Shu and Tao Yu don't need to run into the city every day.

The days flew by in mid-July, the 15th day of the seventh lunar month, and the Ji family's rice was ripe and ready for the autumn harvest.

In July, the crops gradually mature, and it has officially entered the busy autumn harvest season. Even the book schools in the city will take a break to let the scholars go home to help harvest the crops.

Every day at dawn, the village is buzzing with chickens and ducks, and farmers are busy going to the fields.

When the time was slightly closer to noon, the skin and flesh under the sun seemed to be ripe, sweat dripped from the body, and it was burning.

No matter how hardworking the farmers are, they can't stand such hardship.

For this reason, I worked early in the morning and all night long, working when the sun was low.

It was just dawn on the 15th, and Taoyu didn't sleep too much. Uncle Fan and others came back to help with the autumn harvest. Early in the morning, Daniel took everyone to the fields.

This time, taking advantage of the large number of people, I harvested the crops of Yuan Huiru's family. The Zhao family now has only two acres of land left, and there are too many people.

Early in the morning, Yuan Huiru came over with a chicken and a duck she raised and added them to make a dish for the men who were working as coolies.

Taoyu, Huang Manjing and Yuan Huiru were busy in the kitchen house. They had to cook breakfast first, and everyone went to work in the fields for a while before coming back to eat.

Yuan Huiru cooked a large pot of porridge, Huang Manjing kneaded the dough and steamed the steamed buns, and Taoyu cut radish into cubes to make pickled vegetables.

The three of them were quick with their hands and feet, but they didn't appear to be in a hurry.

The porridge cooked with tender lentils is ready first. Pour it into a basin to let it cool down. It will be just right when you eat it.

Taoyu cut up radish and garlic heads and made them cold. She took out some pickled beans from the jar, chopped them up, and stir-fried a plate of water spinach and vines with the leaves removed.

By the time the men came back with the first load of rice, the steamed buns were ready.

"Daniu, go and ask the guys to come back for breakfast first."

Taoyu first brought a bowl of porridge in the kitchen and ate a steamed bun. After eating, she ran out to see the rice collected this year.

There is a section of Ji's yard with tiled floors to facilitate the autumn harvest and drying of crops.

The rice collected now is poured on the floor tiles and piled into several small hills.

The cut bundles of rice need to be beaten vigorously in half a bucket before they can fall off. The rice threshed vigorously has a unique fresh smell of rice, which is especially easy to smell in the morning breeze.

The golden rice is mixed with finely chopped straw, which is wet, as if it is moistened by the farmers' hard work and sweat.

Taoyu squatted beside the rice, reached out and grabbed a handful of prickly rice grains and put it in the palm of her hand. After grabbing a little bit casually, less than half of the rice grains were shriveled grains, and the plump ones were not as big as in previous years.