Chapter 5

Ji Yangzong paused after hearing this, raised his brows and thought about the people in the village carefully, and came to a conclusion in his mind.

However, he did not say it immediately, but looked at Huo Shu again.

He dealt with people and fields every day, and he could see at a glance that Huo Shu was not an ordinary person.

There is indeed such a person in the village, but as the head of a village, he has to consider the people of his village, because he is afraid that Huo Shu is here to cause trouble.

"There is a man named Chang Sui, but these days there are many people with the same name, but I don't know if he is the one the righteous man is looking for."

Huo Shu said: "He went to join the army for seven or eight years. The people who work in the village should be able to handle the spies here."

When Ji Yangzong saw that he had asked some more questions, he had some idea in his mind and asked, "Could it be that Huo Yishi and Chang Sui are the same person?"

Huo Shu responded.

"That's great! The righteous man must be looking for the elder of the Zhao family on the stream. There has been no news about him for seven or eight years. Seeing that the war in the northern region has calmed down, all the soldiers who were taken away from the army are returning one after another. They are all delivering letters to the countryside, and there has been no movement from this old man. His family is very anxious, and they come here every now and then to ask if there is any news."

Huang Manjing said happily: "Is there any news about Huo Yishi's longevity?"

Huo Shu's eyes narrowed slightly: "He is dead."

The room suddenly fell into dead silence.

"Swords have no eyes on the battlefield. There has been no news for so many years. I think so..."

Ji Yangzong shook his head and sighed: "My poor mother is looking forward to his return every day."

Huo Shu had already seen life and death, and after the most sad moment, he was much calmer than everyone in the room.

"I have been on the battlefield with him several times. He died in battle two years ago. Before he died, I promised him that if he could survive until the war stopped, I would come to Jiangnan to visit his parents."

Huang Manjing secretly wiped the corners of her eyes and said: "No matter life or death, it is always good to have an explanation. I will lead the righteous man to Chang Sui's house."

After a few rounds, they said they were going to Zhao's house. Huang Yinsheng was going to collect medicinal materials, so he didn't go with him. The Ji family and his wife took Huo Shu there.

"Auntie, where are you going?"

When Ji Taoyu entered the main room with a plate of pastries, he found that there were only a few empty teacups left on the table. Everyone had gone to the yard and seemed to be going out.

Huang Manjing said: "Let's take Huo Yishi to Zhao's house in Xishang, so don't go out and run around."

Hearing this, Taoyu suddenly ran over, raised her eyes to look at Huo Shu, and asked tentatively: "Have you found the person yet?"

Huo Shu pulled the reins and turned his head to see that Ji Taoyu had changed out of his thick cloak and vest, revealing a pair of fitted autumn clothes.

When I returned to my parents, I felt a little more energetic under the beautiful autumn colors.

He glanced at the plate still held in the man's hand, which contained several square pieces of sweet-scented osmanthus cake.