Chapter 33

Huang Manjing pushed the door into the room with a bowl of cooked ginger soup and put it on the table. It was almost noon, and the little brother was still lying on his side on the bed.

She stepped forward and touched Taoyu's forehead.

"Is it cold?"

Taoyu shook her head: "My head is just a little dizzy, I think I'm just sleepy."

"I said there is nothing to see when loading grain to the city. It happens every year. It's so cold that I have to get up early in the morning to see it. It's freezing this morning."

Huang Manjing bent over and brought the ginger soup over: "Drink the ginger soup to dispel the cold, and you'll be fine when you wake up after a nap."

Taoyu was absent-minded. He knew that he was not feeling unwell and did not want to drink ginger soup, but because his mother was tired, he still got up from the bed.

"Is dad back?"

"It will take some time to get back. Are you hungry?"

Taoyu put some hot ginger soup into her mouth. Although she had added sugar, the brewed ginger juice was still a bit spicy.

After taking a few sips, he felt his whole body warm up and his energy improved slightly: "I'm not hungry."

"She's listless, just because she didn't take two bites of food in the morning."

Huang Manjing took the ginger soup bowl and said, "Make some stir-fried shredded pork with coriander for lunch, and give me more rice."

Taoyu said, "It's the season in the village this year, but I haven't heard of anyone having a table or noodles to eat?"

Huang Manjing laughed: "I'm not satisfied with the fried meat, but I'm still thinking about eating noodles."

"Taxes have increased again this year, and the autumn harvest is not as prosperous, so there are a lot less people doing things. Things like the You family's happened outside, and people are panicked. The folks don't dare to leave the village unless they have nothing to do. There is no free time. Go and buy things to make banquet noodles."

Taoyu pursed her lips: "However, the ladies and husbands in the village are still very friendly. Now that the farmers are idle, they are thinking about marrying each other."

"I... heard that some villagers wanted to help Brother Huo as a matchmaker."

Huang Manjing's eyebrows moved when she heard this: "Huo Shu is a cold-faced and warm-hearted person. He looks tough, but he is a decent man. It is reasonable for him to be favored by the villagers."

"I think so."

Taoyu coughed lightly: "Brother Huo has helped us a lot. Otherwise, Mom should also help Brother Huo find a household."

"Didn't you say that someone in the village wanted to match him?"

"For those who are not engaged, no one has gone to seek matchmaking. Most of those seeking matchmaking are just to get money, and they can turn bad things into white ones. Most of them are unreliable people."

Taoyu said: "My mother is very popular in the village, so she must be more trustworthy than others, right?"

Huang Manjing looked at Taoyu, hiding her eyes with a smile, and followed him and said: "It's not impossible, but whose one do you think is better? Do you think it's suitable?"

"How do I know this?"

Taoyu felt a little guilty when she saw this: "This, isn't this something only a mother would see?"