Chapter 85

In February, one scene per day.

The trees along the paths in the wilderness have sprouted new buds, and the tender grass has sprouted from the withered haystacks of last autumn and winter.

These grasses and trees grow very fast, sprouting in three to five days, and before they know it, the gray mountains, forests and fields are covered with new green.

It rained for many days in autumn and winter, but since the beginning of spring it has been sunny and warm, just like the new grass that has just grown.

In February, the farmland was not too busy. Maojian catechu was growing in the tea garden in Tongzhouchang. Many women and men in the village rushed there to pick tea before dawn and came back after dark.

I heard that wages are very good this year, three cents and one tael higher than last year's Maojian tea. Last year's autumn harvest was not good, and many people were rushing to earn some odd income to support their families.

The men who did not go to pick tea either plowed the fields or went up to the mountains to collect firewood.

In short, when spring comes, there will be no idle people.

Ji Yangzong is still the same as before. He is the busiest in spring plowing and autumn harvesting. Not only does his family have land that needs to be taken care of, but also who in the village has to ask how much land to plant this year and what to plant.

Huang Manjing took care of the trivial matters at home, seemingly in a leisurely manner, but in fact she was not very relaxed.

Yuan Huiru, on the other hand, not only has to take care of the few acres of land she owns this year, but also bought a group of ducklings to raise in captivity.

The fluffy little yellow duck is about the size of a fist. Even though it is small, ducks grow very fast and can be eaten in two to three months. Unlike chickens, which take a long time to grow.

Yuan Huiru felt that it was a good start to the new year and the tender grass was suitable for feeding the ducklings. It was also suitable to harvest the ducks before the busy farming season and kill them for sale.

He said he had nothing to do, but in fact he had a grandson, so he always tried his best to save more money for his children.

At the end of February, Taoyu was busy in Gongfang.

As soon as the caravan left, not only did they leave with a few capable mounted archers, they also used the horses to transport goods. Only a few newly recruited mounted archers and a few horses were left in the riding range.

When the turf grows in spring, it is the season for horse racing and shooting. However, there are few horses here and there are fewer horse riding and archers, so the business is still greatly affected.

But the venue is still there after all, and some people bring their own horses to ride and shoot.

The business at the riding and shooting range was mediocre, but the business at the bow shop was actually much better than at the end of the year.

I heard that after the beginning of spring, wild animals in the forest began to appear frequently again, and the number of people going up to the mountains to hunt also increased.

"Little boss, I have your letter!"

Taoyu was in the warehouse checking whether the dozens of stones of grain she had hoarded last year were moldy, when she saw Tian Xiaodian running in.

"My letter?"

Taoyu's tone was calm, but her hands moved quickly, and she hurried forward to take it.

Ji and his contemporaries also had many brothers and sisters who married away from each other. Occasionally, they would correspond with each other.