Chapter 28

"Didn't we already have a meeting on the first day of the new year? It's not the fifteenth day of the new year. What kind of meeting is being held? Everyone has to go."

"You said Li Zheng wasn't going to gather to find out the person who said that?"

"What are you afraid of? It's not our fault. Anyway, I heard what others said. No one else can cover up such a shameful thing. How come someone is asking the whole village to ask? I'm afraid there are still people who don't know. If you ask If you don't come out, wouldn't it be a big joke?"

After lunch, the villagers were notified and headed towards Ji's house one after another. Everyone they met on the road was guessing what Li was calling a gathering of villagers to announce.

The You family members were also informed that no matter how bad the relationship between the two families was, they still had to attend important events such as gatherings. After all, important events in the village were only known through gatherings.

If you don't go, it will just be a shame for Li Zheng in front of the whole village. If there are not all the people in the gathering, there will be no talk. If the whole village waits for one, it will undoubtedly offend the whole village.

Sun Yuanniang actually didn't want to go to the meeting. Seeing that the meeting came suddenly and without any warning, she felt a little uneasy.

But with such an urgent notice from the Ji family, no matter how great the You family was, they still had to give Li Zheng some face in the village to have to go on such a major event.

Thinking of this, he decided to just go it alone. Recently, Ling Xiao had been thinking a lot about the Ji family.

It's time to go to the capital to take the exam after the New Year. There is not much time left to review the textbooks. If I keep going like this, I'm afraid it will be difficult to get good results in the spring, and it will be difficult for the Xue family to explain it by then.

But the long-term worker of the Ji family went out of her way to explain that she could get through it. Sun Yuanniang felt unhappy and choked the long-term worker a few words. The idiot waited for her to finish scolding and then told the two of them to come over early. She was really angry to death.

On the way, Sun Yuanniang saw the villagers talking incessantly, and her vague eyes swept over the two of them, which made her even more confused.

"Ling Xiao, is this gathering just for our house?"

You Lingxiao straightened his sleeves. He was shouting in a hurry. He didn't even have time to straighten his appearance. He was still thinking about meeting Taoyu when he went to Ji's house.

"How could such a good person be targeting our family? Mother, please stop being suspicious."

Sun Yuanniang pulled You Lingxiao's clothes and said, "That matter..."

"mother!"

You Lingxiao raised his voice a little: "You are afraid that others will not know whether it is true or not, so why do you always talk about it?"

Seeing that her son couldn't hear this, Sun Yuanniang shut up knowingly.

Not long after, almost everyone in the village arrived at Ji's house at the time notified.

Ji Yangzong took the roster and called the names next to each other. This time, everyone in the village was required to come. For this reason, more people gathered in Ji's yard than last time. Those who couldn't stand still gathered at the gate.