Chapter 40

☆ 40. Chapter 40
font record
Previous chapter table of contents next chapter

Chapter 40

Xu Haocheng wore short sleeves and placed the flowerpot in his hand at the location designated by Tang Yao.

After everything was finally moved, Xu Haocheng wiped the sweat from his forehead and quietly shook his sore arms.

"Thank you for your hard work. Go take a shower and change clothes. Come up and eat later."

When Xu Haocheng went down to change clothes, Tang Yao heard someone calling her name.

She walked to the edge of the rooftop and looked down. Lu Bei was standing downstairs, holding something in his hand and giving her a slight smile.

"I brought a gift, can you come and have a meal?"

"You can come up from the stairs. You don't need to bring any gifts." Tang Yao also said with a smile.

Lu Bei walked into the stairwell to the rooftop, and Tang Yao took out her mobile phone to call Xiaoli and asked her to add two more dishes.

Xiaoli readily agreed.

Just after hanging up the phone, Lu Bei walked to the rooftop and put the things in his hands on the table.

"I brought you snacks from Daocun, which is said to be quite famous, as well as gifts that Cheng An and my brother asked me to bring." "

Thank you, you are so polite." Tang Yao said helplessly.

Cheng An has been very busy recently. The previous clothing exhibition made her stunning appearance in front of everyone again. Now many Chinese fashionable luxury clothing brands and jewelers have come to her door.

TV series and movie scripts are also being sent to her.

Cheng An is still very ambitious. In the past, he only wanted to stand high and match that person, but now he really starts to enjoy this career.

But no matter how busy she is, she will still find time to chat with Tang Yao.

The queen, who looks noble and cool in front of the screen, is more like a lively girl in front of Tang Yao. She will complain because she is too tired from work, and she will also complain about her opponent's lack of dedication.

Tang Yao almost always responded to the news. Although the two hadn't seen each other for a long time, their relationship had not faded.

Before Lu Bei came, Cheng An also said that he would come to the B&B during his next vacation.

But both of them knew that the next time might be when.

Xu Haocheng changed his clothes and went upstairs. Xiaoli had already served all their meals.

Seeing the sudden appearance of an extra person, Xu Haocheng was not too surprised, but he looked at Lu Bei with an unkind look.

Xiaoli stewed a large pot of mutton stew, and it was still steaming when it was served.

The stewed mutton is already very soft and tender. It can be separated with a gentle pinch with chopsticks. There is no smell at all. The stewed lamb chops fall off the bones. When you bite the tendon, the meat will melt in your mouth.

Paired with Xiaoli's homemade sauce, it tastes very good.

Even Lu Bei, who has never been very demanding about food, looked satisfied.

The sky was getting dark, the lights were turned on on the rooftop, and the three of them sat around and enjoyed the food.

Lu Bei and Xu Haocheng kept adding vegetables to Tang Yao's bowl as if they were competing with each other.