chapter 6 the diamond sisters

Blue diamond returned from taking Connie home quickly. Steven was still waiting for her on the couch, she had promised to tell him exactly what she was doing in Korea and why. "It's started to rain outside" blue said, "we won't be going out for the rest of the day, how about we have a nice warm bath?" She asked, Steven agreed, he had noticed over the years that his mother would tell him anything he asked when she took a bath with him so this would be perfect to get the full story.

Pearl appeared from wherever she went upstairs as soon as she heard blue starting to run the bath. "my diamond" she quietly said, walking into the bathroom and standing behind blue, "wouldn't it be better if I prepared that for you and my Steven". blue stared back at her, she seemed almost angry at pearl, "no thank you pearl, its ok. And why did you run away when Steven invited that human over? That just made us look stranger" blue questioned in a harsh voice, pearl started to panic and studder,"i-i my diamond-I am deeply sorry if that seemed off-i just wanted to make some space for-our..my Steven's new friend". Blue noticed she scared pearl so changed to a much more kind tone "understood, that will be all, you don't need to do anything, just understand that may have been taken as odd".

"Back in Korea and most of the world this is seen as normal but in America everyone will think you are weird for this", blue told Steven as he got into the bath with her. "haha I can tell this isn't common in America look how small this bath is!" Steven joked, eventhough he was only small and young both him and blue barely fit in, they had to basically both sit at the furthest end curled up into a ball. "So mum...tell me what you where doing in korea! The full story!" Steven immediately switched to asking for the story, blue signed she knew he'd do this and it was impossible to escape, "fine but before i will warn you again, this is a LONG story!".

The rain quickly turned into a full blown storm attacking beach city and Connie Sat in her room looking out at the storm.she wondered what Steven and his magical mother would be doing right now, she seemed so fun, especially compared to her's that was all about studying and being strict. Connie laid on her bed and took out a notepad and began to draw, she drew many small cartoons of blue diamond, small drawings of her flying across the corners of the pages with her water wings and shooting lazers out her hand like Steven did when they met, Connie really wanted to see her again, she'd try to as soon as possible but she was afraid of how her parents will feel about this.

"So I wonder where do I begin, because this goes very far back you know, and some parts of this tale are...painful to retell", blue said to steven, Steven sat in the bath just waiting for her to begin this story he had been anticipating for days, "please tell me it all mum!!!", Steven exclaimed, "even the bad parts! They can help me because I want to grow up and be a diamond like you! And I must learn!", this shocked blue, she'd never hear him speak about this before but she reluctantly did what Steven asked, "fine..I will tell you the entire story of my history with this planet and how I saved you all only a couple days ago!"

"This begins over 6 thousand years ago, back when I worked with my sisters, the other diamonds", blue started, Steven already had many questions racing through his mind that he wanted to ask but let her continue. "This planet was originally found by yellow diamond, it was quite different from other planets we had found. the living beings on it, the humans, where almost like us, the other living beings we encountered on those planets where like the animals and insects on this earth" blue continued. "Yellow diamond? I think I've heard you mention her before?" Steven asked his first question, blue was shocked it took him so long to not ask one. "Yes, I'd say me and her speak the most, she's what you'd call my twin sister" blue answered "but besides age, me and her are very different, you've probably heard me complaining about her and all the issues we have", she joked "NOW CONTINUE THE STORY!!",Steven begged, splashing some water on blue's face and laughing.

As the storm became worse and worse Greg quickly drove home from the carwash as fast as he could and rushed into the house, he slammed the door behind him and took a moment to relax as he was out of breath from running into the home as quickly as he could. "Mr universe you seem stressed" pearl said, suddenly appearing in front of Greg and slightly scaring him, "no no I'm ok" Greg replied through heavy Breathing, "where's blue and steven?" Greg asked, "in the bath" pearl quickly and unemotionally replied, "I heard blue is telling him stories in there".

"But when yellow found earth.....another diamond...who hadn't yet found her own planet..wanted it", blue said, restarting her story, but sounding much more sad this time. Steven noticed blue's tone became very different all of a sudden, he hadn't heard much about her past but according to his dad, she had lost someone very important to her, another diamond, maybe it was this diamond she was mentioning and that's what caused the sudden change in tone. "And yellow gave her this planet as a gift, at first it seemed to be going well, perfect even but then...." blue took a long pause, and looked very sad remembering these things, Steven didn't like seeing his mother in any emotion that wasn't good, he had started to think maybe he shouldn't have asked for her to tell him this story.

"There was a gem...a type of gem made on earth...she was a type called a rose quartz", blue continued, her voice becoming very sharp and filled with hatred when mentioning the name of that gem. Steven wanted to ask about gems that where made on earth but kept quiet, he was convinced that this story is very painful to his mother and he should get her to stop as quickly as possible. "This rose quartz started to rally all sorts of gems to come and fight for her, against the diamonds, against US, she claimed the diamond who ruled earth....P-PINK DIAMOND-D-d..was some sort of cruel monster who wanted to kill all living things", blue started to become quite emotional in her words, Steven knew he had to stop her now "Alright mum, that's enough, you can tell me another time" Steven said, "I didn't know this would make you so emotional", he put his hand on blue's shoulder but she very lightly smacked it off and said, "no no, this is my fault, I'm too emotional all the time, I'm a big baby".

"My diamond, my Steven", pearl said, opening the door, "I'm sorry to interrupt you but there Is a very serious storm outside". "Oh wow you're right pearl!" Steven said, hearing the loud wind and rain hitting the roof. "And My diamond", pearl said to blue "I believe you may have a call soon-"with who!?" Blue asked in confusion "it seems to be with, yellow diamond" pearl answered, this scared blue and she suddenly got out the bath quickly and grabbed a towel, "how much is soon!? I gotta get dry and looking like a leader quickly!", she panicked but pearl sadly didn't know how long "soon" was either.