chapter 15 water friend

"YOU FOUND ANOTHER GEM!?",Greg exclaimed, looking at lapis. first pearl explained it to him then blue tried but still nothing could calm Greg down. "She's pretty cool dad!" Steven said, "her name is lapis lazuli and she has water wings just like mum!". Greg sighed, "blue-blue I knew by having a relationship with you I'd be getting into some weird stuff but I didn't expect you to just pull random aliens out of nowhere", Greg complained, this seemed to anger blue diamond and she harshly replied, "lapis has suffered on this planet enough, as a member of My court i am supposed to look out and protect her, did you want me to leave all my fellow gems here to rot!?" She sounded very offended by Greg's words.

"So miss lapis, since you've got mum's wings what other powers do you have?" Steven asked lapis, "i can do all sorts of things with water, wanna see?" Lapis replied, Steven quickly agreed and was so excited to see all the abilities the new gem had. Lapis and steven walked away from blue and Greg and to the seashore that was over some hills, pearl noticed this but couldn't get blue's attention as she was having another one of her infamous rants.

"Alright watch this!" Lapis said, in the ocean she summoned a large hand made out of water, she was able to move it around by having it Copy her hand, this amazed Steven and he asked her to show more of her powers so lapis created small waves and threw large amounts of water into the air and dropped it back down as Steven cheered her on.

Steven's cheers distracted blue and she stopped her rant completely and forgot what she was talking about to see where her son went. "You're so cool lapis!" Steven said, "my mum has powers just like you!". "Thanks!" Lapis said, "I got my powers from blue diamond, most gems of her court have powers from her". "soooo cool", Steven said, looking up to lapis,amazed. Blue looked over the hill to see this and was pleasantly suprised to see Steven's interest in this gem, pearl was not, "how do you trust her so easily My diamond?" Pearl wispered to blue, "I've said this before do I need to say this again? She's in my court she won't hurt anyone as long as I'm here!" Blue replied.

"Great to see you getting along with Steven lapis!" Blue said, lapis looked at blue slightly worried, scared her diamond wouldn't like her running away to show her son her powers. "Thank you my diamond, this Steven is very nice" lapis said, Steven ran up to blue and pointed out to the ocean, "mum! Mum! Can you show some of your ocean powers?" He asked, "I just saw some of lapis' and they reminded me of you, can you try some?". Blue smiled at steven and said, "I've got a better idea, how about instead of me and lapis just showing off, we try and teach you how to use these powers?", Steven loved this idea and immediately agreed.

Steven had some water powers, but not enough for them to be useful, the most he could do was move water into or out of cups and make rain move before touching him so he didn't get wet, blue knew he had a lot of potential with these powers and saw lapis as a great way for him to learn how to use these powers in their strongest possibe way. "So how much can you already do?" Lapis asked Steven, Steven thought before replying, "I can move a bit...", he said, he was quite embarrassed with how inexperienced he was with this power, especially compared to lapis. "Alright, ill first test how much you can move, can you do this?" Lapis said, moving up a amount of water about as big as Steven up and above them, blue soon did the same after with a amount the same as lapis'. Steven watched each of their moves and prepared himself before he'd try and copy them. He looked at the water, raised his left hand and tried to pull up as much as he could, as he pulled,a huge chunk, much bigger than what lapis or blue had pulled out came out of the water.

"Steven, you're trying to much, only try this small amount, don't push yourself over your current limit", blue said, walking behind Steven, "and don't just do this in public, people will see", then she slapped down Steven's hand, making all the water fall where it used to be. "Wow very good Steven, was that you trying all your power?" Lapis asked, "yeah..sorry I didn't expect I was able to use that much I'll try a small bit like you guys", Steven said, lightly out of breath because of all the energy he used up. Blue watched carefully this time, making sure Steven didn't use his power up on too much water and accidentally raise the entire ocean into the air, thankfully Steven used just the right amount of power and lifted a perfect sphere of water from the ocean.

"Wow you're so good at this Steven!", lapis congratulated him, giving him a light pat on the back. "You're doing great, just don't be too worried about thinking you're weak and use up all your power again.we don't want people noticing us as the crystal gems are here" blue warned, this sent fear and chills all over Steven's body as he imagined the face of the evil rose quartz. "I'll never do that again mum!" Steven replied very quickly.

"Hmmm" blue thought, "if only there was a place where we could test out all our powers to the max and truly allow all your potential to be released", she paced around the beach wondering if she knew any places where she, lapis and pearl could help train Steven. "I remember Mr universe saying his family owned a abandoned barn" pearl said, she had barely said anything in a while and was just watching over them so her suddenly speaking up lighty scared lapis and steven. Blue looked back at pearl with a big smile, "That sounds amazing! I'll ask Greg straight away!" She said, running up the hill to try and find Greg who had gone back into their home.

"A barn? What is that?" Lapis asked Steven, "it's used on farms its usually got animals in it! This one My family owns is completely abandoned I think", Steven explained, he hadn't really heard of it before pearl said it, he thought maybe his dad had mentioned it once. "It sounds cool" lapis said, "I can't wait to see it, I can train you a lot there!"