chapter 64 empire city

Steven went to bed wondering what suprise he'd wake up to tomorrow, his main hope was that blue and Greg where able to work out their issues over rose and it seemed so judging by Pearl's words. Steven woke up with both of his parents standing over him and smiling, they scared him at first, it was the happiest he'd seen blue in a while.

"Hey! Schtu-ball!", Greg loudly greeted his son, "guess where we're going!", he pulled a card of of his pocket, "We're going to empire city!", he exclaimed, showing Steven the card, it showed the many large bright buildings of the city, unlike the small town of beach city, empire city was a gigantic place, filled with movie stars, expensive hotels and shops and the biggest buildings in the country. "Pearl already packed everything for us too!",blue said, dropping all the bags onto Steven's bed filled with his and Greg's things, "we will be going later today I hope you're ready!".

Greg left the room suddenly as he got a call from his record label leaving steven and blue alone. "Did you speak to him about rose? You do seem much better now", Steven said, this changed blue's tone and she looked at her feet and a sadness came over her face, "no I have not", she confessed. "That's not good", Steven said, getting out of bed and preparing to get dressed, "pearl told me you do this a lot, you hold in all your emotions and thoughts until you can't hold them in anymore", Steven put on a dark blue hoodie and black pants, "you're scared of speaking to people about how you feel about them, is that true?", blue nodded, Steven hugged his mother, "you don't need to do that around us", he told her.

Greg booked the most expensive hotel he could find, in the most expensive corner of the city, Steven and blue both looked out the van windows amazed, blue remembered driving past this on her bike, it still reminded her of homeworld. They stopped outside the hotel and carried their bags in, "this place is so cool dad! Isn't this where you used to perform for celebrities", Steven asked his father as they walked in, "during my most popular years I was always in empire city, I'm suprised we didn't move here", greg reminisced, seeing a massive advertisement of him play on a nearby skyscraper.

The workers at the hotel all exclaimed, "it's Mr greg!", as he walked in, they all looked the same and it scared blue. Greg gave each of them large stacks of money and they quickly picked the three of them up and took them to the most expensive room that greg had booked for them, It had a fountain, a pool, a buffet and a balcony looking out on the whole city. Steven, blue and Greg where then all fitted into tuxedos, "we look so posh!", Steven joked, "I think Connie's parents will like this look!", blue replied, putting her top hat on, "I like your look blue-blue, your hips are looking good", greg said, giving blue the finger guns but she just ignored him and went and explored more of the room with steven.

Greg had to follow after them as Steven and blue rushed to the chocolate fountain, "what a work of art!", blue said, looking at the chocolate fountain in wonder, "I'd say this is the best invention humans have ever made!", Steven joked, "maybe surpassing some diamond technology". "There you two are!", Greg yelled, creeping up behind them and scaring blue, "don't just leave me! We've got so much to check out!", "well right now me and mum are looking at this chocolate fountain", Steven said, taking out a marshmallow and putting it under the chocolate, greg huffed, "that fountain probably costs more than our home, Steven".

The employees of the hotel all followed after greg and started to sing praises of him, greg started to join in and dance, Steven also tried joining in but blue stayed in the corner and was too shy to join in, it felt embarrassing. "Come on blue-blue! Dance with me!", Greg called to her, blue tried to act like she couldn't hear him but then greg ran up to her and tried to spin her around, "NO!", she yelled, pulling greg away from her, "DON'T TOUCH ME!", Greg looked back at her in confusion and all the workers left, cursing at blue and complaining she ruined everything. "Oh- I'm sorry it's just I don't like when you-", blue studdered, bowing her head to Greg and blushing from embarrassment, Greg just rolled his eyes and walked away, "whatever", he huffed as he walked off.