chapter 24 the other gem

The green gem stood in the middle of the newly repaired warp, slightly kicking the bottom to check the quality and if it worked well, the green robots still surrounded her under the warp. This new gem had greenish-yellow triangular hair, large goggles, a gem on her head but the most peculiar thing was her limbs. It was the first thing Steven noticed, her fingers were small green and... floating. They connected to large green and black gloves and where the same colour as the large boots she wore, they didn't seem like real parts of her body, the rest of her body didn't fit with them at all.

As she looked around, revealing more of herself to the watching gems, Steven's mind raced with thoughts on why she could be here. As Steven watched on, the green gem used four of her fingers on her right hand to float in the air, forming a pentagon and created a screen, she used her remaining finger on her right hand to look through the screen and press buttons. "Log date 3 1 2, this is peridot, reporting earth hub maintenance check," she said, looking through her screen.

"Her name is peridot, what type of gem is she?", Steven thought, hoping his mother could listen to him and send him a thought to explain who or what this green gem was. "She belongs to yellow diamond, she's quite a high-tech new gem, a bad copy of an older type," blue thought, sending it to Steven after reading his mind, this just made him want to ask more questions but blue quickly sent him a thought telling him to let her concentrate.

The crystal gems stayed completely still, watching in shock and confusion. "All of my robonoids have been deployed" she continued, "preparing to manually reacivtivate kinde-", suddenly she was stopped, one of her robots was nudging her leg,it seemed to have been broken and used up all its energy to fix the warp. Peridot looked down at it, then crushed it, nearly making Steven gasp but lapis quickly covered his mouth.

"Now to activate the domestic warp", she went back to whatever she was doing, but then looked down, she noticed that Steven's footprint from when he was standing on the then broken warp with lapis was still there. She looked at it closely, then looked around nervously. "This site may have been compromised," she said, quickly warping away and leaving some sort of bomb that shut off all the robots.

Soon after, the crystal gems came out, ranting and panicking. "I don't think I can do this again!", the pearl said, now in a new fancier costume after her fight with blue frybo. Amethyst stayed quiet, looking around for steven. Rose just wanted to leave but the tall one stormed up to the recently fixed warp, quickly summoned gauntlets and smashed the warp so peridot could not return. After that, they immediately left and the tall one dragged amethyst to the only unbroken warp and they left.

Now that they were alone, Steven, lapis lazuli and blue diamond came out of hiding. "Why would yellow diamond be bringing gems to earth?", lapis asked blue, who seemed to just be as confused as she was. "I have a theory and it's to do with a plan yellow had for this planet that I recently stopped," she replied, "is it to do with that time you went to Korea?", Steven asked, remembering the together breakfast incident, blue laughed slightly, remembering how pearl tried to drag him away, "Oh I can't believe I haven't told you the story yet! I must tell you when we get home but tomorrow as it's very late!".

The three of them both decided to fly home instead of warping, mostly to have some time to think and talk with eachother. As they returned home, blue quickly let Steven jump out her arms to hug Greg, who had finally returned. "Where did you guys go?", Greg asked. He had been sitting on the couch waiting for them. Blue looked back at him with a serious expression and then to lapis, who looked at the ground, scared. "Lapis and steven where looking at a warp that used to lead to homeworld",she said, lapis was shocked blue didnt blame her for anything, "then, a peridot gem appeared and fixed the warp with some robots, the crystal gems where also there and watched".

"Is that why you guys didn't warp home? I was worried sick", Greg replied. "Yes we-no I am so sorry, I just wanted to look at the closest thing that can bring me home, I wish I never went there now you all nearly got caught by the crystal gems and who knows what!", lapis confessed, blue already read her thoughts and knew what happened but was still happy she wouldn't just lie about what happened. "You're forgiven, even if you didn't confess I would've forgiven you", blue said, putting her hand on lapis' shoulder, "and if it weren't for you we wouldn't know that yellow diamond is sending gems here!", lapis quickly saluted and thanked blue, "my diamond, no wonder you're known for being so merciful. "

They only spoke about this for a small amount of time before Blue made Steven go to sleep as it was so late. As he went up to in his room, Pearl was there, sitting on his bed and looking out the window. "My Steven! There you are!", she turned around, relieved he finally returned. She ran to him and hugged him. This was very shocking and unlike anything he'd seen pearl do before, "my diamond was so worried about you! Where did that lapis take you!" She asked him. "Oh mum will tell you, it's pretty serious," Steven replied, sounding like nothing had happened and getting into bed.

Pearl quickly made her way down the stairs, expecting her theory about that damn lapis lazuli to be correct and that her diamond would be holding her shards and telling pearl how right she was but instead, blue pearl was met by lapis and her diamond having a friendly conversation on the couch.