chapter 52 from a diamond to a traitor?

Steven looked back as he ran home, he feared rose quartz would be following him or trying to talk with him again. He quickly opened the door and closed it after, scaring lapis and blue diamond who where violently dancing to high life by daft punk while pearl drew on the couch. "Steven? Are you ok?", lapis asked him, turning off the vinyl and walking to him, he looked very nervous and was sweating. Lapis lead him to the couch to sit down, now everyone was standing around him to see what was wrong.

"Erm mum..", Steven studdered, not even being able to make eye contact with his mother and just looking at his feet, "It's just better if you read my mind and see what happened", he slumped down and covered his face, lapis and pearl both looked at blue. Blue put her hand on Steven's head and blue light covered them both, blue was able to see everything that happened to steven in an instant, she moved her hand off him not long after and steven looked up, very scared. "My son....spoke with the crystal gems and rose quartz was trying to be all motherly!?", she exclaimed, putting her hands on her head, "pearl lay me down I think I'm gonna faint..", pearl and lapis both worked together and laid blue on the couch, "I'll need to lie down for an hour or three".

They didn't speak about it anymore after that, they just waited for Greg to go home. Steven awkwardly sat next to his mother in complete silence, she didn't seem upset with him, just shocked. Lapis and pearl gossiped to eachother in the corner about it, "I wonder if steven could be a good spy?", "what! That is way to risky he is our diamond's child! And the crystal gems must know that! Look at him! Him and our diamond look so alike!", "wouldn't they have killed him if he looked like blue that much? Blue said rose was nice with him", "she's rose quartz, she was probably trying to manipulate him".

Greg opened the door and was met with steven and blue sitting on the couch not speaking and pearl whispering to lapis while they hid in the corner. "What's going on here?" He asked them, Steven went to speak but was stopped by blue, "steven has done the stupidest yet smartest thing I have ever seen", Steven looked at blue shocked, he thought she was very mad, "he successfully infiltrated the crystal gems! And saw what that peridot yellow sent was doing here!". Greg didn't seem as proud as blue was, he didn't say much about it, "sounds cool", was all he said before going upstairs to his room, Steven knew exactly why but couldn't tell blue.

Pearl went to join and sit next to them, "what you did was very dangerous My Steven, please be very carefull", she told him, "yeah because if rose hurts you I'll just have to drown all of beach city", lapis joked, flying to steven and poking his hair, blue and steven laughed at this so lapis took a gamble and tried to do the same to blue, she grabbed the hairloop and threw it over her head, pearl gasped and covered her mouth and blue was startled. "Mum you look better like this", Steven said, giving a thumbs up to lapis, "I agree", blue replied, playing with her hair, "I miss my old hair before this happened to it", she moved the loop back to the front, "but sadly I must live like this, with a toilet bowl shaped head".

"So mum, since you are the blue diamond, you should make the decision, should I spy on those traitors more?", Steven asked his mother, putting on a ridiculous heroic voice, blue shook her head, "I mostly am focused on that peridot, she said she was going to report the crystal gems, this means homeworld could come back to earth", "aww so I can't be a epic spy-", "I wonder how that peridot would react if she saw me here on earth, I'm very sure that she's here to check on something I got rid of...".

"What did you get rid of?", Steven asked blue, pearl looked away and became silent, "yeah, what did you"? Lapis asked right after Steven. "The cluster, yellow made it to destroy the earth but I bubbled it", Steven and lapis looked at eachother shocked, "YELLOW DIAMOND WAS GOING TO DESTROY EARTH!?", Steven cried. "why did you stop it?", lapis asked, making Steven turn to her shocked, "I thought the diamonds hated this place?", "I can't hate the earth", blue replied, looking down, and sounding significantly more sadder, "this was her planet, I can't get rid of such a thing and the humans here are unlike any other creature we have encountered".

"It's OK mum!", Steven said, putting his hands on lapis and blue's shoulders, "when I'm older and a full diamond I'll make earth my first colony!", he proclaimed, pearl and lapis almost instantly instinctively saluted him and praised him, but blue was silent. "I'll avenge pink diamond and kill rose and all the crystal gems myself!", he summoned his scythe and pointed it in the air, lapis clapped for him and pearl bowed, but blue stayed silent. "My Steven you'll make a wonderful diamond", pearl praised him, Steven jumped off the couch and saluted both her and lapis and made his way to his room to get his Cape, lapis followed after him, while pearl stayed with blue.

"Nice speech there Steven", lapis said, flying up the stairs to see him, "thanks lapis lazuli! You'll be a very respected member of Me and My mum's court!", Steven replied, taking out his Cape and putting it on. As Steven and lapis walked out the room they where met with Greg, he looked down at steven in his Cape, disgusted, "why do you always dress like your mother?", Greg said, "because I'm a diamond and I must be powerful-"AND A CRAZY MURDERER!?", greg yelled, scaring lapis but Steven wasn't surprised, he knew his father was a traitor, he was waiting for him to crack and reveal it to everyone. "Is it crazy to want to hurt those who hurt your people so much!", Steven replied to his father, his blue eyes glowed and his Cape started to fly as energy appeared around Steven's body, "schtu-ball, stop, you're scaring me, you look like when you mo-", Steven stormed off back downstairs to his mother, his powers had faded but his rage was still there.

Before lapis herself went down the stairs she looked back at greg, he looked tried and scared, "I understand you, blue diamond's rage is terrifying, but I think Steven is a good person", she told Greg, he just ignored her and walked away, leaving lapis to awkwardly walk down the stairs and be met with steven sulking on the couch. "He wants you to be human, not just a diamond, you're very human Steven, never forget that", blue told him, holding his hand, "I know that! But he was so kind to the crystal gems it'd beca-", "my diamond", pearl interrupted them, "yellow diamond has a message for you".