chapter 9 the rose quartz

The 4 awkwardly returned to their home in silence, Connie thought maybe they where disappointed that someone else killed this weird monster thing so didn't suspect anything to have gone wrong. "So that's that lady you mentioned in your story, is she a....bad person?" Steven asked his mother as they walked back into the house, "yes, a very bad person, the worst of the worst you can say" blue harshly replied, her face was visibly filled with anger. "It's ok you two maybe you can get what ever that was next time!" Connie said, trying to cheer them up but was quickly stopped by pearl telling her "not now", "are you guys ok?" Connie asked, "If not I can go if you want-"do not", blue interrupted Connie, "it will be dangerous as long as she is out there, you must stay with us for the time being".

"Who is that? The monster? Those people over there killed it though?" Connie questioned blue, Steven stayed silent, his mother looked really angry, he'd never seen her like this before but he had heard stories of her wrath that many gems feared. "Did you see the pink haired one among those who stopped the corruption?" Blue asked Connie, Connie lightly nodded back, "well that one is the most dangerous and wanted criminal of the entire universe! A being who committed a crime so unspeakable it must not be spoken of if you do not want to cause gems to burst into tears!" Blue yelled as light blue energy started to cover her body.

"My diamond, please calm down", pearl quietly said, blue gave her a disgusted look, "HOW CAN I!? KNOWING THAT MONSTER IS ON THE LOOSE! THIS IS WHY WE SHOULD'VE STAYED IN KOREA!", blue continued yelling, as more energy surrounded her, starting to light up the home in bright blue light, Connie just watched in shock while Steven awkwardly tried making small talk to her.

"Is she always like this!?" Connie asked Steven, "I've heard stories of this, my dad said before he met my mum she was a very powerful person people feared and something bad happened in her life that caused her to have these freak outs and only he can stop them, I don't think I can say what happened to her though", steven said, watching his mother continue yelling at pearl, most of what she was yelling wasn't just about rose but a collection of all the things that had upset her that she's been keeping inside her for a while and pearl somehow just took it, she had dealt with this countless times and blue's meltdowns barely phased her anymore.

"What the hell is going on here", Greg thought as he drove up to the house and saw blue light coming out the windows, as he got closer he could hear blue's rantings and he signed, "not again, what set her off this time". Greg slowly opened the door, preparing himself for the chaos he was about to walk in on.

as he opened the door, he saw blue holding pearl up by her collar with her right hand and in her left hand she had summoned a large blue ball of energy, "YOU CANNOT FATHOM MY HATRED FOR THAT ROSE, PEARL!", she yelled, preparing to hit pearl with the ball while Steven and Connie watched, "WHAT THOUSANDS OF YEARS OF GRIEF HAS DONE TO ME-",suddenly Greg very lightly slapped blue diamond in the face, he knew it was impossible to really hurt her as she was basically a godess to him but he was the only one who could stop her when she got like this.

Suddenly, blue dropped pearl, all her energy faded away and she ran away upstairs. "What was that!?", Connie yelled, "you must be new here!" Greg joked, "I used to need to do that almost weekly" he said to Connie "you know she must really need some medication or something" he mumbled, "my mom is a doctor! She could help!" Connie exclaimed without thinking, "I don't think she can help. This goes back many years, I think I'll need to explain it, well what I know. "

Greg, Connie and steven all sat together and cooked some food, pearl wanted to go up and see wherever blue was but Greg didn't let her, only he could go in there and calm her down, so she awkwardly waited in the corner, ignoring all questions on if she was OK or not. "So Mr universe, can you please explain what happened to blue?" Connie asked, "my blue-blue is a very hurt person. long ago, someone she loved, her youngest sister was brutally murdered by someone called rose quartz", greg replied, his voice sounding sad as he explained. Connie and steven both gasped in unity, realising why she freaked out so much, "oh my god! That's who she saw! That's why she was acting like that!" Connie told Greg, this shocked Greg and he quickly stood up and said, "I need to go talk to her. "

Greg quickly made it up the stairs and walked to the "blue-room", a special room with Walls covered in a special material from homeworld, this material was the only thing able to contain blue's most infamous power, Greg took a deep breath as he was about to open the door, he really regretted not telling Steven to leave the house while he did this, incase he was effected by her power.

Greg opened the door, walked in and closed it behind him as quickly as possible, trying not to make the power escape. The entire room was covered in energy, this time very dark blue energy. Blue diamond sat in the corner of the room, facing the wall, "Connie told me what you saw", Greg said to her, slightly walking closer, "are you very sure it was her?" He asked, "yes of course" blue quietly said, "I recognise that hair and dress easily, and it seems she has a new gang with her, her pearl looks how I remember it too" she mumbled, continuing to face the wall and covering her face with her hood.

Before Greg could say more, he heard a knock on the door, "Hey, hey??" Connie said, trying to shout to them both from outside the door, "what?" Blue asked, yelling back to Connie, she seemed much less upset than before. "Are you ok now??? I'm just asking because Steven said we can watch some anime together!!" She yelled back from outside, "Fine!" Blue replied, wiping away tears and yawning.

Now that she had slightly calmed down, she opened the door to speak with Connie normally. "Are you not scared of me??" Blue asked Connie as she popped her head out the other side of the door, "no no, Mr universe told us why and I want to give you this!" Connie said, giving blue a piece of paper. The paper was a anime style drawing of blue diamond Connie had drew for her, it showed her with cool sunglasses, a cape, her water wings and lazers coming out her hands and shooting a ugly mini rose quartz. Blue laughed at this and thanked Connie, "oh my! You're so cute! I want to keep this forever!", she thanked Connie, Connie blushed and smiled at blue, "thanks I really tried to make it with you in mind" she said.