chapter 38 what is a true fusion

Bright blue eyes open, eyes belonging to the being who now lay on the beach where steven, Connie and blue where. The new being slightly sits up and looks to their arm, their skin is dark like connie's but blue patterns are across their arms and legs, patterns that resemble mehndi. "What the...why is my arm..like yours...ours..", the news being says, observing their new body in shock.

The being stands up, "we...you..how-" "THIS CANT BE HAPPENING!...I fused!", they say, inside them are three confused minds. "You fused!?" "its a gem thing" "are we stuck together!?" "No don't worry", the fusion reassures themselves. Standing up, the fusion looks around for pearl. "pearl must've ran away..",  "what would she think of us now", they huff to themselves. The new fusion is scared but mostly curious, not only is this a fusion of two diamonds, but a fusion of a human too, the first in all of history, they go to the water by the shore, looking at their reflection.

The fusion mostly resembles blue diamond and Connie, with barely any sign of Steven being visible. the light blue dress Connie wore and blue's robes have mixed together to make a dress that almost resembles that of a indian lehenga, with Steven's star shirt working as a blouse for the lehenga, having a diamond shaped cut in the middle fully revealing only one blue diamond gem in their chest. Their eyes are the same diamond eyes that blue and steven shared, with their nose being from Connie. Their hair is mostly black besides one white streak, with side curls from blue.

"Woah! we look...awesome", "what are we even", "something that has never happened before" "how can we show anyone this?!" , there is a mix of panic and excitement among the fusion, with the part that is Steven feeling proud and wanting to show everyone, "we must show everyone this!" "What will they say!?" "How will our families react!," Steven was quickly able to overpower the parts that are blue diamond and Connie and quickly brought their new form to show greg and the others.

"I hope my diamond will be back soon", lapis said, looking out the window for blue while pearl and greg spoke to eachother. "She's probably bringing Connie back home, she'll be back soon, it's getting late", Greg said, quickly going back to speak with pearl. As lapis looked out the window, she saw a familiar looking shadow and quickly opened the door to salute and greet her diamond, only to be met by something no one could predict.

"So what do you think?", the fusion asked them, pearl was speechless, Greg was about to faint and only lapis could speak up. "You're truly something, I can't believe it, a diamond and a human!", she congratulated them, looking at the form of this fusion. "My diamond, Steven? You only have one gem? Is steven and blue still in there?", lapis asked, a small bit of worry in her voice, fearing she may have lost either her leader or a close friend, "don't worry we're both here!", the fusion confidently replied. "what would the name of this fusion be? You are two blue diamonds". The fusion thought about this a lot, then a side of them spoke up with a great idea. "I had a lesson in school about this super big blue diamond called a hope diamond what about that?", lapis nodded, "well then, hope diamond, it is great to meet you", she said, bowing to the fusion.

Pearl took some steps forward then flinched right back when hope diamond looked at her, those eyes, their face, it was just like blue but at the same time, so different. "my diamond, p-please unfuse this is, not like you, why are you...", she studdered, looking disgusted at the fusion. "Pearl, Steven just discovered this can't we at least have fun?", hope replied, the look she gave pearl was the same look blue would give her enemies, a stare that sent shivers down Pearl's spine and quickly made her go completely silent.

"BLUE WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!", Greg yelled, finally having the guts to speak, "You're permanently stuck with Connie now!?". "No, its fusion, we can unfuse when we want, this is new for all of us, but I promise we aren't stuck!", hope diamond tried to explain but Greg was having none of it. "BLUE UNFUSE THEM NOW!", he screamed, "she's a diamond you don't tell her what to do!", lapis suddenly yelled back to Greg, shocking both him and pearl. As they all started to argue again, hope diamond walked out the house.

"Well that went badly" "its the best it could've gone, I would've been quite shocked if I saw such a thing for the first time too" "at least we are together", they began talking to themselves again, wondering around beach city, catching the eyes of many locals, with their appearance and clothes. As they walked around they noticed a bright light and music coming from somewhere, it was a party, "maybe we can show them some of our fusion magic!", "are you sure?", they thought among themselves again, this time one voice was silent.

As they stepped into the party, everyone's eyes where on them, at first hope danced around and was very confident but then started to notice, everyone else wasn't dancing, just watching. The entire party had frozen to watch hope and it was scary, "I can't dance with anyone watching how do you do it!? If only I was with you both but not like this", the three beings inside the fusion started to speak among eachother and hope quickly stopped dancing and went to stand by a wall to think.

"I can't do this!" "Come on we are a fusion! We are strong together!" "NO I CANT THEY'RE WATCHING". Suddenly, hope's body started to shine and then split into three people, Connie, blue and steven had finally unfused and layed on the ground shocked. Connie quickly ran to steven to hug him but blue was still on the ground. "Steven, what happened to your mum", Connie nervously asked, turning Steven around to see his mother who was laying unconscious with her eyes completely white.

Steven and Connie started to panic, trying to wake up blue but couldn't, then there was a shadow over them, it was lapis! She was flying above them, just outside the party and was holding pearl and greg in her arms. "We followed you!", Greg said to them, as lapis, dropped pearl and him to the ground. Pearl quickly ran to blue, "I knew this would happen!", she said, "Greg! Please help me pick her up!, lapis you must also help us fly her back home and get Steven and Connie home too!", she frantically called to them, Greg and pearl both picked up blue and lapis summoned a water hand to pick them both up while she grabbed Connie and steven with her hands and flew off with them, the water hand following after.