chapter 51 back in the kindergarten

The last week has been quite normal, barely any gem stuff, blue hasn't even left for work at all in this time. Steven didn't like this, his whole life he had felt too human, and was starting to get bored. He walked out his house, expecting nothing to happen today, he was just going to go to the big donut and get the usual then come back home and watch TV. As Steven was walking to the big donut he could see that hill in the distance, the hill where his father would visit the crystal gems in secret, he froze slightly as he stared at it, thinking about what would happen if he went and confronted those traitors.

Steven shook his head to get out his thoughts, he had stopped walking and zoned out for a bit, thinking about those crystal gems. As he walked across the beach he heard a strange sound, it was getting closer, it felt like something falling then- BOOM! One of those green robonoids that peridot was seen with fell to the ground from the sky, this time I was massive, much bigger than Steven himself, he gasped when he saw it and prepared to summon his scythe but before he could, the crystal gems flew in and attacked it.

The pearl stabbed at the top, it didn't do much damage and the garnet tried to push it, rose watched on, thinking about something. "Nice to see you here human boy!", rose greeted Steven, Steven just looked away embarrassed and replied, "h-hi", "you know you really should get away from here this place is pretty dangero-"ROSE!", the pearl shrieked as she saw Steven, "THAT IS BLUE DIAMOND! REMEMBER WHAT I TOLD YOU ABOUT THE KINDERGARTEN AND AMETHYST!", she pointed at steven, the garnet and rose looked at Steven then back to her, "that's definitely not blue diamond", the garnet said calmly, "pearl, I've told you this before you must have some sort of misunderstanding this can't be blue diamond", rose said.

"Well", Steven said, awkwardly trying to make small talk, "wha'cha doing with the robot? I've actually seen some of these before", the three traitors all looked at him, shocked, "YOU HAVE!?", they all yelled to him in unison. "Y-yeah, but smaller,", Steven studdered, fearing more info would reveal who he really is. "Wow that's so interesting", rose said, crouching down to get to his level, "do you possibly know what they do?", Steven looked at her, he was terrified, not long ago he had a nightmare that rose killed him in front of his mother.

"Erm-maybe we can follow them! We don't know where they are going but they must!", Steven said, rose stood up and looked back to the other gems, "sounds like a great idea to me!", she called to them, the garnet gave a thumbs up and the pearl just huffed, "human boy", rose turned back to him and reached her hand out, "how about you come with us? This was your plan after all, and I can tell you're a very special boy", Steven took her hand and the four of them jumped on the robonoid, who quickly got up and started moving again.

The robonoid moved to the crystal gems base over the fence and to their warp, it was at first quite difficult to not fall off as the robonoid jiggled with it moved.pearl attempted to stop and stab it multiple times but was stopped by rose, Steven stayed silent, looking at the base of the traitors, "so this is where dad goes off to", he thought. the robonoid quickly got on their warp-pad and used it, warping them to the kindergarten. "Why would it be here?", rose whispered to herself, "what ever the reason is we must stop it!", the pearl yelled, summoning her spear from the gem in her head and being seconds away from stabbing it before Steven grabbed the spear with his hand. "No, not yet", Steven quietly said, the pearl struggled to take her weapon out his hands and had to make it dissappear, "I don't trust you, diamond boy", she mumbled to him as rose gave her a dirty look.

The robonoid jumped off the hill where the warp-pad was and started walking across the kindergarten, the three gems all looked around in horror as the hills covered in gem shaped holes surrounded this place, Steven decided to keep quiet this time, he didn't want any more suspicion being brought upon him. "I don't like anything about this", the pearl wispered, "I agree, I don't know what it's doing but whatever it is, it must be wrong", rose replied.

Suddenly the robonoid stopped, Steven looked down at it, "Hey robot why did you stop?", he asked it, the robonoid then started shaking, "somethings happening...", garnet said, quickly pulling everyone off the robonoid, as it shook its body shot a hole into the ground, making the ground under it turn green, it then changed shape into a square and flew down into the ground, leaving a deep hole in the floor. The three gems all looked down shocked, "come on guys let's follow after it!", Steven called to them, sliding down the hole, "sounds great!", rose replied, sliding down not long after.

As they slid down Steven landed on the green square that used to be the robonoid, green wires where everywhere, the other gems catched up with him quickly after. "What is all this...", the pearl said, looking at all the wires. The square stopped moving and lead to what seemed to be screens, then a light came from the middle of the square and connected to the screens, lighting them all up, "woah, this is...something", Steven said, before the pearl angrily hushed him. A smaller robonoid came from the square and traveled to the front of the screens, touching a hand shaped button, "those are one of the little ones I saw before", Steven whispered to rose.

Symbols on each screen started to appear and a middle screen, a much bigger one, showing static appeared, when the static faded it revealed peridot, all the gems gasped and pulled Steven and themselves to a corner where she wouldn't be able to see them. "Established gem projection link with controll room", peridot said, making another screen with her hand, "plug robonoid has successfully landed on earth and entered prime kindergarten control room in facet 5, will proceed with status check of the kindergarten".

All the gems listened in and panicked, Steven didn't know if he should say anything or reveal he'd seen her before, playing dumb seems to be working, he was watching the garnet, pearl and rose quartz try to plan among eachother. "Everyone I have a plan", the garnet said, the worried pearl and rose quartz, looked at her for any sort of idea. "OK here's the plan, we can't let her see us, so we wait for an opening, when she is distracted we will destroy the power source and the human must stay here-garnet", rose kindly interrupted, "the human boy, is gone".

"Now accounting for all operational injectors", as peridot said this, two lights appeared from the bottom and two large green hands came from those lights, as Steven climbed up he narrowly avoided them. "What ever you're doing looks cool miss gem", Steven said, scaring peridot and making her quickly move her screen to face him. "Hi! I'm Steven!", peridot moved her screen down to look at him then frowned and checked her hand screen, "the appears to be an infestation of, Stevens in the prime kindergarten", "infestation!? I'm not that bad!", "and how many more Steven's are they? Have they replaced humans on earth as the main species?", she continued looking at her screens.

"No there's all sorts of humans!", Steven happily replied, "like lars, sadie, Connie, the mailman and Peedee!", the peridot just huffed and continued looking at her screens. "Now let me ask you a question! What are you doing here!", the peridot just moved her screen away from him, "just picking up where we left off", she replied, moving one of the hands above Steven and forming a fist, Steven instantly noticed what it was going to do and was about to summon his weapon before garnet came in with her gauntlets and destroyed it herself.

"A GEM!?", peridot exclaimed, the pearl quickly jumped onto the screens too with her weapon ready, "but the red eye didn't report any other remaining gems on this planet!?", "THAT'S BECAUSE WE DESTROYED IT!", pearl exclaimed, pointing her spear to peridot's screen, "but the records say all gems on this planet where wiped out!? Wait a minute, YOU MUST'VE BEEN THE ONES BREAKING MY PLUG ROBOBOIDS! And you must be why the homeworld is down again!? STOP DESTROYING MY THINGS!", peridot yelled at them.

"THAT'S BECAUSE WE ARE THE CRYSTAL GEMS!", pearl proclaimed, rose jumped up to the screen now to, summoning her weapon, a sheild "AND THIS IS OUR PLANET AND WE WON'T LET ANYONE TOUCH IT!", she yelled, quickly pearl, garnet and rose attacked the screens, damaging everything, "YOU CLODS! I'M REPORTING THIS!", peridot yelled before leaving her screen. All the light in the control room now faded, leaving just the gems and steven.

"So Steven is your name?", rose asked him, lightly touching his hair, "yep! Sorry I didn't tell you before", Steven replied, trying to keep his friendly voice, "what a nice name, my name is rose quartz, this is garnet and she is pearl". The crystal gems warped back to their base and rose lead Steven out the gate and waved him off, Steven walked back to his house, ready to tell his mother of his epic spying skills.