chapter 44 hidden storage secrets

"Mum! Mum! Wake up!", Steven called to his mother, smacking her chubby cheeks to try and wake her up. "Ugh...Greg? Is that you?", she mumbled, her eyes still closed. "My diamond, it is steven he has an important request for you", pearl said, lurking over blue and scaring her, "oi! Pearl! You nearly gave me a heart attack!", blue yelled, jumping out of bed, "forgive me my diamond", pearl apologised bowing deeply to blue.

"Finally you're awake mum!", Steven complained, crossing his arms and rolling his eyes dramatically, "me and pearl where convinced you either died or where in some sort of coma!". "Jeez am I really that much of a heavy sleeper!?", blue replied, looking at herself in the mirror and slightly fixing her hair.

"So what did you want me for?", blue asked Steven, turning around to him, "I was thinking, you know how you and dad have that big storage unit?", Steven said, trying to give blue his infamous cute eyes, "and how that storage unit is magical and has all sorts of crazy stuff in it?", blue looked at pearl then to steven, "magic?", she asked, raising an eyebrow, "magic inside maybe but magic as a whole, nope!". Steven sighed, "well, I was wondering if we could see what's in there!", steven asked, very excited and wondering what magic diamond secrets would be in there, "you guys seem to pull all sorts of crazy things out there!", blue yawned, "Alright them", she huffed, stretching her back.

Blue quickly put on her shorts, hoodie and t-shirt and made Greg drive them to the storage unit, mostly because she couldnt handle steven giving her the cute eyes. Steven immediately ran in and nearly got crushed by falling boxes when he moved the first boxes to get in. "Let's see what diamond magic you have in here", Steven yelled to Greg and blue who where outside. The storage unit went in very deep and pearl had to follow after him and use light from her gem to allow them to look around. "I've got so much junk in here, we really need to sort out this stuff", Greg said, looking Through some of the boxes closest to the outside.

"Oh wow, now this is a treasure", Steven wispered, showing pearl a box of old Mr universe cds, "DAD!", Steven called out to his father, running to show him the box, "look what I found!", he exclaimed, giving his dad the old cds. "Jeez these are some early mr universe stuff, these would be the ultimate collector's item for my fans", Greg said, picking the albums up and looking at the songs listed on the back, "These bring me back", blue said, also picking up an album, "I remember when you sung me some of the demos of these back in Korea. "Maybe I can sell these, theyll definitely go for a lot", Greg thought, looking at the albums, "no, I want to keep them for the memories", blue replied, poking him lightly, "I can hear those greedy thoughts!", she jokingly reprimanded him.

Steven quickly ran back into the storage unit, wondering what over secrets he'd find, Greg quickly followed after him, blue too, the both of them looking through all sorts of boxes. "Oh my, mr universe look!", blue ran to Greg, she was holding a box of old cds, "oh wow! I thought I lost this!", greg said, holding up a cd case that had 'ulterior motives' written on it,"Blue-blue you're the best!", Greg lightly kissed blue on the cheek and ran to get his TV and dvd player.

"What's that for?", Steven asked, his father has excitedly and extremely quickly set up a small couch and TV, "I just found this old show me and your mother used to watch", Greg replied to his son, about to put the dvd in, "but what about cleaning?", blue asked him, she was still looking Through all the boxes, "cant we watch another time?", "come on, blue-blue calm down!", he called back to her. Blue didn't sit with greg she continued looking around and seeing what stuff she might've left in here.

"Hey mum, is this yours?", Steven said, guiding his mother to some boxes, "they're all heavy so I couldn't bring them to you", he explained as she crouched down to look in them. Blue pulled out a red and gold dress, decorated with the most intricate and detailed embroidery out of the first box, "I was wondering where this went", blue said, pulling out the dress, "woah, what's that?", Steven asked her, in wonder of how beautiful it looked. "It's My wedding dress, technically it's called a lehenga, it was back during my Indian phase", blue explained, passing it to pearl who put it in her gem. "to be honest, those wedding photos where embarrassing blue-blue! You made me do all those stupid things", Greg called back to her, blue just looked to the ground and quietly sighed, "well I liked it", she replied, looking Through a box next to it that had their wedding photos and showing them to steven.

"There's also another thing in that box", Steven said, pointing down, blue looked down more then went purple from embarrassment as she pulled out a leprechaun costume, "oh stars..your father got me this", she laughed, Steven looked at the costume in awe, "can I try it?" He asked blue, "NO!", she yelled back at him, quickly throwing it at pearl who catched it in her gem, "aww no fair!", Steven huffed, storming off to go look around somewhere else. Blue looked through the other boxes and quickly threw them to pearl, they contained irish maps, flags and books blue had written.

After about 10 more minutes of looking around blue sat down next to Greg after him begging her to. "I'm getting tired can we go home?", Steven asked them, moving heavy boxes for what seemed like forever really exhausted him, "pearl can take you home, I wanna spend some time with blue-blue, alone", Greg said to him, lightly pushing pearl to steven who ushered him out the storage unit and to the van. "Why can't he stay and watch with us? This feels awfully cruel Mr universe!", blue complained, about to get up before Greg grabbed her hand and stopped her, "he'll be ok, and we haven't watched this show in years, it will bring back all our memories", Greg said to blue, putting the cd in.

The addicting opening of ulterior motives started to play, blue and Greg used to always watch this show and they both knew the intro and the entire first episode by memory.

"You where flying all your ships in the sky...
Now your caught in our world of lies...
Everybody knows that you've got..
Ulterior motives, tell us the truth!
Everybody can see that
You're not of our world! Tell us the truth"

The TV loudly blasted the intro, it could be heard even outside the storage unit. "Doesn't this bring all the good times back!", Greg asked blue, moving closer to her as the very bright TV shone on them, "I guess, but I miss Steven, I want to spend time with him", blue quietly replied, leaning her head on Greg's shoulder, as he stroked her white hair.

The show they watched felt oddly familar to blue whenever she watched it, the story felt like a mean parody of herself, the plot followed a green alien named pmit crashing down on earth and meeting a human named dango and they fall in love while pmit learns about humans. "Steven, I'm so sorry, I don't want to watch this garbage with you", she thought, she didn't pay any attention to the TV show, she just sat there because she felt like she would be abandoning Greg if she walked away.

Pearl drove Steven back to the house, it was awkward silence at first but they quickly started to talk about the topic of Greg again. "Now I see what you mean pearl, I feel like my mum is weak to my dad, she didn't want to watch the show with him but felt like she had to", Steven said, looking out the window at the clouds in the sky forming, it looked like it will soon rain in beach city. "It always happens when they watch that stupid show", pearl sighed, looking at the rain starting to appear on the front window "at least we found some of her old clothes, like her wedding dress and that awful green suit Greg made her wear", "the leprechaun outfit?", Steven asked, pulling out one of the boxes from the back of the van and showing pearl, she physically cringed when she saw it, "yes that one, he bought that to mock her accent", pearl said, her voice filled with hatred for Greg, "all he does it mock her, blue needs to stand up but she doesn't see herself as worthy enough to do so!", pearl started to shake from rage and grip the staring wheel so hard her hands imprinted on it.

Greg noticed blue wasn't watching the TV and paused it, "whats wrong now blue-blue?", he asked, but not in a friendly or concerned way, but in a passive aggressive and sarcastic way. Blue looked to the side, away from greg, "it's just, I miss Steven, I want to go home", she quietly said, Greg rolled his eyes and pulled out more cds, "oh Steven this! Steven that! But no me now? What's gotten into you?", he asked her, looking down at her, "he's our son!? Should we not always think about him!?", blue exclaimed, standing up and about to walk out. "I gave you purpose blue! I gave you a new reason to live! What where you before me!", he called back to her as she walked away, she stopped just before she left the storage unit and looked back him.

"That was the old Greg, what are you now?", blue called back to him, "I barely recognise you sometimes, are you really mr universe?", she asked, tears starting to form, Greg looked at her and stood up, slowing making her way to her, she lightly flinched when he got close to her. "Oh blue-blue, if you want the old Mr universe back, you can do that right?", he grabbed her shoulders and pulled him to her, "but you said you wanted to age-"do it", blue looked down to him, then gulped, "use your powers, blue-blue", he said, looking up to her.