chapter 31 back to earth

The hand ship flew through space back to earth. blue, Greg and steven where still wearing their clothes from the zoo. "Do we look ridiculous?", blue asked to pearl and lapis, pulling Greg and steven over to where she piloted the ship to show the gems their clothes all together. "Well my diamond it certainly is a.....look", pearl said, struggling to find the right words in case her diamond would be offended. "You look weird", lapis said, much more to the point than pearl could ever be.

"Guess I was right", blue said, laying back in her throne and yawning, "pearl, can you and lapis pilot the ship until we need to land it, I wanna lie down, I think I'm sick". Blue did look kind of off, she was all sweaty and had become a much more paler shade of blue. "You have a fever it seems", Greg said, putting his hand on her head and feeling her temperature, "you should go and lie down or even sleep". Blue quickly followed Greg's instructions and went to her room while holding her head and complaining about a headache, Steven followed after her without anyone noticing, he needed to speak with her.

"So, what's up with you and blue?", lapis asked Greg, now that her diamond was gone she could say whatever she wanted to this strange man. "What do you mean?", Greg nervously asked, "this man, Greg, is our diamond's lover", pearl said under her breath, those words coming out her mouth made her feel sick, to her Greg was nothing but a manipulator who turned her once merciful and powerful diamond into a lustful beast. "Lover!?", lapis laughed, looking back at greg, "Blue diamond! The blue diamond! Loves this!", pearl also started to laugh along with lapis, just much quieter "I'll never understand too, lazuli", she said. Greg watched them mock him and smirked, "fine mock me all you want", he said, "but I'm telling blue", this silenced the both of them in an instant and they begged him not too but he didn't listen he walked out of the door and to her room.

Steven followed after his mother, she didn't notice him and opened the door to her room and laid on her bed, still holding her head and complaining to herself. Steven looked around her room, it was all so big and interesting, there where boxes of all sorts of different sizes everywhere, some probably had special gem things and some seemed to be from earth and of course there was the many odd Mr universe posters on the ceiling, the oddest was the extremely detailed drawing of Mr universe shirtless with very unrealistic muscles that was right above blue's bed.

"Ughhhh my head...", blue moaned, laying face down on the pillow. Steven wanted to get up on the bed to see her but he was way too small, he still hadn't learnt to summon his wings maybe today will be the day! He tried to jump up and think about water but just fell on his face, maybe he'll climb up the bed but that also ended up with him falling on his face. As he sat at the bottom of the bed huffing and trying to come up with a plan he noticed a small button at the bottom of the bed to the far right, Steven lightly touched it and suddenly small stairs appeared up the bed, he ran up them as fast as he can, mostly because they disappeared almost right after you stepped on them.

Steven was now at the top of the bed and blue seemed to have noticed. "Greg??", she asked, her voice muffled by the pillow she was laying on, "no its me, Steven", Steven said, walking closer to her. Blue turned around to face him, she looked awful because of the fever and shrank down to speak with him easier. "What are you doing here", she asked, gesturing Steven to lie down next to her. "It's just, I've been thinking about, yellow diamond", Steven said. Blue slightly sat up and looked at him then up to her Greg poster, "yellow diamond.....my sister, she really is something, a cruel gem, one who doesn't like emotions that aren't anger and pride", she said.

"Why did she break that gem mum?", Steven asked, he sounded scared as remembering that was a horrible experience for him, seeing him like that made blue feel nothing but rage for yellow. "That gem...was a rose quartz, pink made those gems and you know what one of them did", blue stopped for a moment, composing herself, "to stop her hiding amongst them they where to be killed but I kept them there in bubbles, to preserve what she made.". Steven hugged his mother, "I remember that agate lady and pearl saying you're merciful, I guess they're right", he said as he held onto her.

The door to blue's room opened again, this time it was Greg, he quickly walked to her bed and pressed the buttons creating the stairs and walked up, he was shocked to see Steven up there with blue. "Schu-ball!? What are you doing here? Can't you see your mother is sick?", he said. "Oh, me and mum where just, talking, about yellow diamond", Steven sheepishly said as he let go of his mother. Greg moved to the other side of the bed and pushed another button making the stairs appear again, "can you please go, I need to speak with blue-blue in...private", Greg said, lightly pushing his son to the stairs. "Why can't he stay!?", blue complained but Greg just made sure he was gone before he could stay anything more.

As Steven walked outside he was met by a terrified looking lapis and pearl, "DID HE SAY ANYTHING TO HER!?", lapis frantically asked him, pearl joined in too, in the most emotional state Steven has ever seen her, "WHAT IS HE TELLING MY DIAMOND IN THERE!?", she yelled as he held him by the shoulders and slightly pulled him back and forward. Steven was completely clueless and just replied, "erm...nothing" before walking back to the control room with them in awkward silence.

"So blue-blue, now that we are alone I must say how good you look in those zoo clothes", Greg said, attempting to flirt but blue was upset he made Steven leave and she just wanted to sleep because of her sudden fever. "Whatever" she sighed, "I feel like a fool wearing this, I want to burn it", she layed back down and pulled the bed covers over herself and moving to face the wall instead of Greg. "Awww come on blue-blue", Greg still continued, stroking her hair, "why won't you admit how good you look when you've shape-shifted a human body, I must say you must shape-shift a chest more ofte-"SHUT UP!", blue finally snapped, and lightly kicked Greg off the bed and catching him with a hand she made from water and taking him out the room with the same hand.

Blue returned to her orginal form and huffed, trying to go back to bed and pray for no more distractions, she had to deal with yellow literally killing people to prove a point and Greg annoying her while she's sick, she was so done, they better be back on earth by the time she wakes up!