chapter 36 baby blue

Lapis and pearl continued screaming at eachother, barely giving blue's disappearance or steven and connie running away a second thought. During this, Greg went to grab the white coat Steven had gifted blue, "this should have never been found", he said to himself, as he planned on how he could get rid of it before blue saw.

Blue continued walking away from them, she couldn't take it anymore, her mind was wondering, "why is everyone so upset" "do I make them upset?" "Is this all my fault" "it is my fault" "I need to stop playing these childish games as pearl said" "or being childish" "I am childish" "I am a child!", those thoughts distracted her from everything, she looked at her hands, they looked smaller than usual, "child's hands", she thought as she looked at them.

Steven and Connie tried to chase after blue but couldn't see her anywhere, they went to durgy, their home, even the ocean but no sign, Steven's last idea to where she would be is just wondering about beach city so him and Connie quickly ran to see if she'd be anywhere around there.

At the big donut, the two workers, lars and sadie waited for customers, it had been quite a quiet day with barely anyone buying anything so they mostly spent the day bickering. As they quietly argued with eachother the door opened and a little girl with blue skin and white hair stepped in.

She waddled her way to the counter, struggling to walk with her oversized dress and could be barely seen by the two workers. "can I have the usual please", the little girl said, her voice sounded very upset, like she was about to burst into tears. "The usual?" Lars asked, looking down to this scared girl, "I work here everyday and I've never seen your ugly face here before!". His words really upset this already sad seeming girl, her droopy blue eyes opened as wide as possible, "oh shut it lars!", she yelled, this now got sadie's attention and she turned to look at this strange girl who someone knew his lars' name.

"You just think you can say these things to your own customers", the girl continued yelling, until she saw her reflection and fell to the floor. "WHY AM I SO LITTLE!?", she screamed, pointing at herself in the reflection, sadie quickly ran to this girl to see what was wrong and sat her on a chair. "Could you please tell us what's wrong", sadie said, trying to comfort this odd child, "this isn't supposed to happen! I'm not supposed to be so young!", she girl yelled, starting to cry, as she cried a diamond on her chest began to glow, making her age go from at least 10 to about 6.

"I gotta reverse this! I NEED STEVEN TO HELP ME!!", she said through tears, sadie looked closer at this girl, she started to notice that she resembled a certain boy who always visits her shop, she had the same diamond pupils and curly hair as him. "steven who..?", she asked, very sure she'd know the answer. "STEVEN DIAMOND UNIVERSE!", the girl cried, her yelling was heard by steven and Connie who quickly ran to the big donut.

"Mum!?", Steven said, bursting open the door and being met with sadie trying to help blue diamond who had now turned into a toddler. "What the!?", Connie exclaimed, looking at blue, "she's turned into a kid....", Connie took some steps back out of shock. As Steven and blue looked at eachother Blue quickly jumped off the chair and ran past them, leaving the big donut while screaming, "STOP LOOKING AT ME!!", Steven and Connie quickly chased after her, calling for her to stop and explain what was happening.

As Steven and Connie chased after blue, she tripped and fell to the ground, being covered by her now giant robes. "Mum!", Steven cried, running to her side, "so what do you think happened to her?", Connie asked him as they looked down at her. "I don't know, we have to ask her", Steven said, moving the robes. As he moved the hood over he revealed that blue diamond had now completely turned into a baby. The baby blue looked up at him, then to connie, then to her small arms and started crying, her power quickly effected Steven, which then caused it to effect Connie. Eventhough her power was strong they still tried to carry the screaming blue baby and take her back to the others, as they got closer durgy appeared and they rode on her to Greg and the others.

During this, Greg and the gems where getting rid of all the things they had set up for the birthday parties. Lapis was quiet and waiting for blue to come back, she made sure to keep all the other presents with her in case pearl or greg accidentally threw them away while greg was about to throw blue's coat out into the sea, "These things she makes us do are so funny sometimes", pearl said to Greg but was quickly interrupted by Connie and steven on durgy, holding a baby blue diamond.

Greg looked back, terrified blue saw him try to destroy her coat but was met with his son frantically handing him a baby. "DAD WHAT'S GOING ON!? MUM TURNED INTO A BABY!?", Steven cried, pearl took the baby blue from Greg's shaking arms, "my diamond's age can change based off her mental state", she explained, as baby blue stopped crying and looked at pearl with her diamond eyes, "if she feels like a child, is scared or feels like she's being treated as a one she becomes one", she let the baby blue hold onto her finger, "i remember she was a toddler for 3 weeks straight once, i had to brush her hair", pearl smiled remembering that moment with her diamond and how close they can be.

"So how do we turn her back!?", lapis said, running to look at baby blue who laughed at her. "Gems were never babies, are diamonds different!?", she looked at pearl, desperate for answers. "she seemed to have calmed down, she'll be ok soon if she keeps like this" pearl said. But baby blue's mood soon changed again as she saw Greg holding her coat, she quickly began to cry and squirm out of Pearl's hands and try to grab Greg. "She wants so see greg", lapis said taking blue out Pearl's hands and bringing her to Greg, much to Pearl's protest

As lapis brought her closer, Blue grabbed Greg's hand and got out of lapis' grip, she had aged again, this time slightly older, about 4 years old now, her hair had grew back to how it was before too. "gweg... don't throw my skin away...", blue said, trying to hold back tears, Greg looked at the now older blue in shock and froze, blue saw this as the perfect opportunity and suddenly grabbed the coat and ran.

Steven and Connie just watched as the now slightly older blue diamond ran to them with the white coat and put it on as greg yelled at them to stop her. "Help pwease", blue said, putting the hood of the white coat over her head as both pearl and greg ran to her, screaming for her to stop. "Mum what's going on!? Why don't they want your coat!?", Steven asked her, "and why did you turn into such a adorable baby!", Connie yelled. The young diamond looked back at greg and pearl who froze in their tracks, as the walked towards them she got taller and taller.

"Why did you hide this from me?", she questioned them, her voice was now her normal, deep voice. Greg was frozen in fear, lapis watched, she had so many questions but knew to stay out her diamond's way. "M-mum?", Steven asked her, touching her back lightly, blue turned around, she was now a slightly chubby teenager with freckles. "My diamond", pearl said, walking towards blue and lightly touching her cheek, "you've returned to your true age, how you looked before pink's shattering", this immediately calmed blue down and she ran to the water to see her reflection.

"Good, you calmed her down, now we can get her coat", Greg wispered to pearl but she just ignored him and went to see the ecstatic blue diamond. "I can't believe it", blue said, as she looked at her reflection "all the grieving, its gone away, I now look how I actually am supposed to!". Steven ran to his mother to look at her again, he couldn't believe this is how she actually looked, "what!? You look more like a big sister than a mum!", Steven said, blue laughed at this but Greg wasn't laughing at all. "You have your coat and now you're so young!?", he said, sounding disgusted, "you've become a child! Now what are people going to say! Not only am I dating a space selkie but a space selkie that looks like a school girl!", Steven looked back at his father, "what is wrong with you!?", he yelled, "Not only do you steal her present but you hate how she actually looks!?".

Connie had been silent for most of this but finally decided she needed to speak up, "Can anyone tell me what the hell is happening right now!?", she said, loud enough the bring everyone's attention to her, blue stared at her then took a deep breath, "my powers went weird", she said, a bit embarrassed everyone saw what she looked like as a baby "and Greg didn't want me to have my skin in case I returned to the ocean to be a selkie", this just confused Connie more, "a selkie!? What's that!? You're like a mermaid!?", she couldn't help but keep asking even if blue seemed slightly uncomfortable.

Blue looked at greg, then to pearl, then to lapis, then to steven and finally to connie, "it's a long story", she said, trying to find the right words, "I never wanted to tell Steven, I thought I only would if he was a daughter, but it seems I must tell all of you", she continued, slowly taking off her coat and folding it, "Connie, Steven, ill talk with you both by the sea, does that sound OK?", they both agreed and followed after blue, leaving Greg angry, lapis confused and pearl scared.