Chapter 60 beach city bike gangs

Recently, Steven had been going to the restaurant "fish stew pizza", almost everyday, he had become very close to the family that owned the place and would regularly would find them across beach city and speak with them. Today was one of those days, Steven was just walking to his new favourite restaurant until he stopped and noticed his mother standing near it, she was in a corner and about to light a cigarette, she noticed Steven immediately and hid what she was doing before he'd notice. "Mum?", Steven asked but before she could say anything he was distracted again when he noticed lars standing outside fish stew pizza.

"Oh hey lars!", Steven loudly greeted him, "steven! What are you doing here!", lars hushed him, "what are you doing? Just standing by the wall? is that what you do when you're not working with sadie?", "steven shut up! You're going to embarrass me!", lars yelled, now blue had noticed and started to watch them from the corner. "Embarass you? In front of who?", Steven asked lars, lars huffed and pointed to the window, "in front of them!".

Steven looked into the window and saw three people speaking together, one of the people was jenny, her family owned the restaurant but she never worked instead she made her twin sister kiki do all the work for her, Steven and Kiki had recently become friends so he recognised her immediately. The two other people where buck, he son of mayor dewey, her barely spoke and always wore glasses and sour cream who would always throw parties across beach city and worked as a dj. "Oh its kiki's sister with her friends", Steven told lars as he continued looking through the window, "you should go in and talk to them", "that's not how this works Steven! You gotta play it cool-", before lars could finish his sentence the three of them walked out the restaurant and straight to blue diamond.

"Hey you three", blue said to them, "I've been waiting for you all, you said we would be going now right?". "Yeah", jenny said, "but we'd need to use the pizza car to get to our bikes for now, that thing sucks and it so embarrassing to drive"-"I think it looks cool!", Steven said out of nowhere, scaring everyone. "Steven!? What are you doing here?", blue asked him, everyone looked back at blue, "you know this kid?", jenny asked her, "they do look alike", sour cream said, "same eyelashes and everything". "You're kiki's sister right?", Steven continued trying to speak, they didn't really listen, blue tried to tell him to leave but he didn't until jenny waved him away.

Steven walked back to fish stew pizza slightly upset, his mother's new friends barely gave him any attention or respect, at least he could hang out with lars or kiki. "What did they say to you?", lars frantically asked Steven as he watched them walk off with blue, "something about cars, they didn't seem to nice and I think I scared my mum", steven replied, "wait, that blue chick is your mom!?", lars exclaimed, "She looks different". "Yeah she's got age powers, do you want to get some pizza with me?", Steven tried to change the subject but lars just walked off after, upsetting Steven even more, "well at least I can get some pizza", he thought.

"Alright everyone get in!", jenny said, leading the group to the car, it was decorated with pizza topping patterns. "This is a cool van", blue said, "really?", jenny laughed, "it's from my dad's lame shop it makes me smell like pizza!". The group drove to a shut down, shady garage and quickly got out, getting their bikes and dumping the pizza car outside.

"so b.d what one is yours?", buck asked blue, his voice very monotone, "this one!", blue proudly showed them, everyone looked at the bike in awe, it was bright red and made with futuristic gem technology, it looked unlike any other bike they've seen, it was also covered in stickers, mostly country flags or photos of Mr universe. "Alright is everyone ready?", blue asked, changing her clothes into a matching red jacket, gloves and pants in an instant, "yeah!", everyone called, getting on their bikes and putting on their helmets , "empire city it is!", blue said, putting on her goggles. green lightning surrounded the wheels of her bike as she started it and in almost a second she zoomed out the garage at nearly an unseen speed with everyone trying to follow after her.