chapter 41 blue potato

Steven went to bed early, he didn't wait for his father to come back to confront him about the whole rose situation, instead he followed lapis' advice and waited to tell everyone until much later. As he went to sleep he dreamt something, interesting.

He dreamt he was walking towards a yellow room, inside the room there was a throne in the middle, and yellow diamond was sitting on it. "I just saw the most interesting thing today", a voice spoke, it was the voice of the person Steven was seeing through the eyes of, and not just any random person, that raspy Irish voice was undeniably the voice of blue diamond. "And what was that", yellow diamond huffed, rolling her eyes and looking completely uninterested. "I saw a Ruby and sapphire fuse together!", blue said, not noticing or caring that yellow didn't want to talk, "I thought only gems of the same type could fuse but this was unlike anything else I have ever seen!", blue continued, as she spoke more and more yellow started to become more interested in her words, "inter-gem fusion you say?", yellow asked, her voice now very interested.

Steven awoke right after this, he was in a cold sweat and struggling to breathe, he could see durgy watching over him. "Durgy, I just had the weirdest dream", Steven yawned, getting out of bed and stretching, "I dreamt I was my mum and"-BANG!, the door swung open before Steven could speak to durgy, it was blue diamond and she was wearing a very interesting costume."Hey Steven!", she excitedly greeted him, she was wearing a black flat cap and dressed like a victorian farmer, with dark blue suspenders, black boots, a white dress shirt covered by a gray jumper and a trench coat.

"Mum?", Steven confusedly asked her, still half asleep, "what are you wearing?". "I've started my potato farm again!", blue proudly announced, "since I was banned from my main source of my dear potatoes I've decided to go back to my old way of living and farm them myself!". Pearl appeared from behind blue diamond and also came into Steven's room, "my Steven, my diamond has requested your presence in the potato farm", she said, her voice as robot and quiet as ever. "where is this potato farm?", Steven asked blue, quite scared of what she may have turned into the farm, "it's what we used to call the garden", blue happily announced, Steven nearly passed out and had his jaw hit the floor but somehow remained calm.

Steven nervously stepped out into what was once his garden, he made sure to wear his boots and hoodie in case it was a harsh place to get around, the entire thing had been turned into a potato farm. Greg watched out the window, Steven could tell in his father's eyes that he had given up on telling blue no and just allowed her to unleash this very irish chaos across their home.

"So what do you think!", blue asked Steven, as he looked around in horror at what his mother created. "Is that what you did back on homeworld", he asked her, his voice having a slight bit of fear in it. "Sadly not", blue said, leading Steven through the farm, it was quite big, it seemed much bigger than what used to be their garden, "yellow never let me do this stuff back on homeworld, eventhough it is what I was made for!".

Blue lead Steven to a small, plastic table and four chairs set up in the middle of the farm. "I've already got some potatoes ready to eat!", blue said, sitting down on one of the chairs, "you need to taste test them Steven! We won't need to waste money on food again!". Steven reluctantly sat down, he always found his mother's potato obsession to be, very odd, especially since pearl told him gems aren't even supposed to eat but if it made her happy he'll allow it.

"Alright future diamond leader! Enjoy this!", blue said, giving him a plate of three potatoes she made herself, she also had a plate of potatoes but she had five instead and hers where bigger than Steven's. Steven took a deep breath and prepared himself for the worst before he took a bite, slightly shaking as he picked up the first potato and made eye contact with blue who was staring him down.

"Wow mum, these are...so good!", Steven exclaimed, blue laughed and said "I knew you'd like them". The potatoes turned out to actually be delicious, The two of them ended up spending the rest of the day outside together, eating and farming their own potatoes, they did that until dark where they both fell asleep in the farm, still on those cheap plastic chairs blue made pearl steal from marl-mart and surrounded by many potatoes.