chapter 27 Steven's first space adventure

Pearl guided amethyst to a small room where gems besides blue and her pearl stayed, it was small and cramped and felt almost like a prison cell, it had a small tablet you could use to message blue, see a map and look at other rooms. amethyst didn't care about the conditions of this small room she was just happy she'd be seeing her family soon, she could see a estimated time at the top of the tablet too, in 3 hours they'd be there.

Now that pearl only had Steven she guided him to more, "private" places like blue's music collection. It was mostly a very impressive amount of anything lana del rey themed, she had all the vinyls, put all her rarest unreleased songs on c.ds or saved them onto the ship and had every imaginable piece of merchandise. "My diamond got really into earth music because of you father", pearl said, picking up blue's favourite album, an album named paradise and showing it to Steven, "my diamond will probably start to play these songs soon, she always does when she's on this ship", pearl said under her breath, her dislike for her diamond's music taste being noticeable.

The arm ship formed into a fist and flew into space extremely quickly, pushing the clouds out its way. Blue pushed a button with her free hand and suddenly a large, white, diamond shaped portal opened and the hand flew in, the diamond quickly closed after they went it and they flew through space quickly in seconds, bringing them closer to the zoo and lightyears away from earth. Greg looked through the windows amazed as he saw them zoom through the portal and emerge so far away, "I have so many new song ideas now!", he wispered.

"So my diamond, what will we be doing at the zoo? Just dropping off the amethyst?", lapis lazuli asked, she was working with blue in the main control room, looking at maps and seeing where about in space they are. Blue's mood had changed, as they got closer and closer, painful memories started to reappear in her mind, memories of pink. Blue became quiet and covered her head with her hood, "I want to stay there for maybe some time for....personal reasons ", she said under her breath, lapis didn't ask for a explanation she understood and went back to work.

"And this is My diamond's room", pearl said, opening a huge door. Steven walked into the room amazed, "woah...this is where mum sleeps?", he asked pearl."my diamond mostly relaxes and draws here, your father stayed in here a lot with her too, she even made it accessible for humans", pearl said, touching the wall, leading to a bathroom and then touching another hidden button leading to a fridge. Steven quickly got a sandwich from the fridge and walked to the ginormous bed, "how will I get on here?", Steven asked pearl, looking up, as she looked up he noticed the entire ceiling was decorated with posters of his father.

"AAAAAH MY STEVEN DONT LOOK UP!", pearl shrieked, covering Steven's eyes, the posters of Greg where drew by blue herself and portrayed Greg and Young and very muscular."ow! Hey! Pearl! Get off me!", Steven cried as pearl covered his eyes and pulled him out the room, only taking her hands off his face as soon as they got out. "you did not see what you just saw my Steven! Do not tell a soul!", pearl warned him, quickly moving him away from the room and back to where amethyst was so she could take them both back to blue.

The screen now read that they'll be at the zoo in less than 30 minutes, amethyst gulped, she didn't know what the other amethysts would be like, blue did say they where like her but she also said she didn't look like them. "Hey! Amethyst!", Steven said, scaring her as he knocked on the transparent door, amethyst quickly touched a switch making the door disappear and walked out to see Steven. "Hey ste-man we are gonna be here soon!", she excitedly told him, pointing to the screen. "Yes that's why we are here, you two are going back to my diamond", pearl said, quickly walking off with Steven as amethyst followed after.

"My diamond, we are nearly here", lapis said, showing blue the maps and estimated time on the screen, "oh my stars...I didn't even get a chance to play a  song", blue huffed, getting out her chair and preparing herself, she moved Greg off her shoulder and held him in her hand, "it's weird seeing you big like this, it brings back so many memories", Greg said, looking up at her. As blue and Greg went to go find Steven and pearl the door opened.

"Hey b.d or.....my diamond? We are back!" Amethyst greeted blue, slightly freaked out about how tall she actually was. "Hello....amethyst", blue quietly replied, Greg looked up at her, he could tell she was upset. "Hey mum, when we get to the zoo, will the gems think me and dad are here to be kept in the zoo?", Steven sheepishly asked, pearl looked back at him like he was a idiot. "I- I don't know", blue huffed, placing greg back on the ground and going back to sit down on the ship.

"What's up with mum?", Steven asked Greg, pearl watched them as she went to stand near blue, giving them both angry looks. "She's thinking of pink diamond, I'm sure of it", Greg whispered. "Who is that again?" Amethyst asked them both quite loudly. Greg whispered in amethyst's ear, "pink diamond was a very close family member to blue who was killed and she has been mourning her death ever since", amethyst looked back at greg and nodded slightly, realising she really shouldn't ask anything else in case blue gets very sad.

"We are here", pearl said, loudly enough to get everyone to notice. Steven looked up through the window and saw it, the zoo, it was shaped almost like a pink sword and one of those eyes he saw in the sky not that long ago was floating near it. "I forgot this even was a thing" Lapis whispered as she looked out the window in wonder. "We are here", blue said, standing up and grabbing both steven and Greg in her hands and starting to walk to the exit with amethyst and pearl quickly following after her. while they did this lapis moved the ship into a opening in the zoo and landed them.