chapter 34 how Steven lost his tooth

Today, Connie decided her and steven would have a picnic, she suddenly announced it to him on the phone and he quickly ran to where she said she would be, Today Greg would also be taking blue somewhere for something similar, leaving pearl and lapis lazuli alone together in the house.

As Connie met up with steven , she could see his home from far away, she noticed the fence around it, it seemed newer than the rest of the home. "Steven are you ok?", Connie asked, as soon as they met up she noticed he looked, really upset, "yeah....", he unconvincingly replied, his face noticeably tired. "Are you sure? you look miserable", she continued asking, Steven looked to the side, away from Connie, "I'll tell you but don't tell anyone else alright?", he quietly said, "well I do have no friends who would I tell" she replied, a slight tone of sadness in her voice.

During this, blue and Greg had also gone on a similar picnic like trip to korea, durgy came with blue and she rode on the tiger until they got to their place, it was a special place in between two flower bushes, not far from where Greg met her. "Alright I've brought all the potatoes you asked for!", Greg said, calling to blue who was laying face down on durgy, blue didn't get off durgy herself she was just dropped on the floor and crawled to Greg. "What happened to you!? Blue-blue you look miserable!", Greg cried, just like Steven, blue diamond looked completely deflated.

"So the reason I'm so sad is because today is.....", Steven stopped himself then looked at Connie, regretting ever starting his sentence but deciding to power through as he couldn't just let his friend down, "today is the one year anniversary of me losing my tooth", he said, after a pause that seemed so long. Connie looked at him, confused and surprised, "that's it? I thought it was something really serious and I've never even noticed it!", she said, this cheered Steven up slightly ,"But there must be something about this story to upset you so much right?", this quickly made him look away from her again and become upset.

"So what happened to you?", Greg asked, giving the miserable blue diamond her potatoes. "It's....a long story", she huffed, stuffing her face with the potatoes, "is it a gem story?", Greg asked, intrigued and wondering it he could get a good music idea from it. "Ermmmm....maybe", blue said, cringing at the thought of Greg reacting to what she was about to tell him. "Could you tell me please?", he asked, blue looked away and crossed her arms, "blue-blue??", she still looked away, "BLUE??", still looking away, "LISA!-" he yelled. "alright alright!", blue said, giving in ,Greg finally won.

"Can you notice it now?", Steven said, opening his mouth wide to connie and revealing the tooth right to his front teeth was missing. "How have I never noticed it before...Will it grow back?", she asked, Steven looked away again, "no...", he mumbled, "how did you lose it?", Connie kept pushing him, he decided he had to tell her, he couldn't keep this secret forever, especially from his close friend!

"Alright fine fine! I'll tell you! So me and my mum where back in Korea and I was trying to prove to her I was a big strong diamond! so I went to the edge of this big cliff and did some cool poses", Steven said, as Connie gave him a sandwich. "She was really upset with me and chasing after me saying I need to get away from the cliff, then I fell off, and that's why she built a fence around our house when me moved here THE END", Steven abruptly ended it and Connie was having none of it. "What, couldn't your mother heal you?", she asked, "come on! There must be more to the story!", she pushed him, "erm...I'll tell you but only if you let me wear your glasses for the rest of the day!", he said, Connie quickly took of her lense-less glasses and gave them to him. "You're just like your mom!", Connie laughed as she looked at Steven wearing her glasses.

"So tell me this story, I promise I won't be mad if its anything bad", Greg said, moving close to blue and holding her hand, she quickly flinched and moved away, "are you sure???", she asked him, trembling, "yes!", Greg told her. Blue took a couple deep breaths and fixed her posture slightly. "today is, an anniversary, the anniversary of when steven lost his tooth", she said, looking at greg nervously. "And? It will grow back right?", Greg cluelessly replied making blue stare back at him horrified as she quietly replied "no" to him. "Oh? What happened how did he lose it?" Greg asked, blue was shocked he wasn't mad at her, she took a deep breath again and told him.