chapter 66 the real yellow

The yellow arm ship raised its hand, opened its fist and slammed it into the ground, Steven ran into the palanquin to hide and holly blue followed after him, standing in the corner and saluting preparing to greet yellow diamond. The hand raised and there stood yellow diamond, she looked around then marched to blue's palanquin, opening the curtains, she ignored holly blue but immediately made eyecontact with steven.

"Blue?", she asked, sounding shocked, steven just sat there on the throne, he was terrified, "whats going on? I got a report from a peridot the entire cluster was bubbled and you're still here on this miserable planet?", "erm...i- am-", Steven studdered before releasing it would be better to keep quiet and shut his mouth. "your form!? Blue, has spending time on this earth especially near where pink died caused you to regress to your infant form again!?", she knelt down next to steven and looked at him closely, "I wish I could read minds like you blue, because right now I have so many questions".

Steven finally got the courage to speak up, "I...I am not blue diamond", he said, yellow raised an eyebrow, "you have her gem and eyes you must be", she replied, her voice sent shivers down Steven's back. "Well...erm I am kinda blue diamond, I have her gem but that's about it", he looked up at yellow and prepared himself for what he was about to tell her, "I am her son, my name is steven". Yellow's eyes widened, and she took some steps back from shock, nearly stepping on holly blue, who she still continued to ignore, "Blue....has a son? And never told me!?", she exclaimed, picking Steven up in her hand to look at him closely.

"You do have her gem, and eyes, and similar hair, you must be telling the truth, I- I just can't believe it", yellow said, pulling up Steven's shirt to look at the ginormous blue diamond gem that took up most of his chest. She placed him back down on the throne and crouched down opposite to him, she seemed much different than all the other times Steven had seen and heard of her, she seemed more kind. "So tell me, how did blue have a son, are you the child of blue and a ....human?", yellow noticeably cringed when saying human, Steven nodded, shocking yellow once more, "What kind of human could have a child with a diamond!?", she asked, steven jumped off the throne and found an old framed photo of Greg and blue sitting at the corner of the palanquin, "this kind of human", he said, handing yellow the photo, she stared at it in shock, "oh blue, why must you keep these things from me", she said to herself.

"Well, yellow, what brings you here?", Steven asked her. He was terrified but at the same time quite excited to be speaking to another diamond, especially one he had heard so much about. "Well I was first coming here to check on a very shocking report from a peridot to do with the cluster, then I heard reports blue diamond was here and now I run into family I never knew about, its been a busy couple of days, steven",  she said, steven smiled that she finally said his name, "has blue ever told you about me?", yellow asked him, looking deep into his diamond eyes. Steven decided to lie. In reality, blue usually told him bad things about yellow, but he was going to tell her the opposite. "Yes! Mum tells me about you all the time! About how strong you are and how cool your army is, recently i saw your old mural on the moon base. It's great to finally meet you, aunt yellow!", yellow smiled at this. It was the only time Steven had seen her happy before. It was such a genuine smile too.

"Well, where is blue now?", yellow asked, gently putting the photo down next to the throne and standing up to walk out the palanquin, "oh, mum is usually away from here, we actually don't live here", steven said, following yellow out the palanquin, it was very hot outside, "but there's a warp pad by here i can use to take you to where we live, she just keeps her old stuff there". Yellow thought for a moment before answering Steven, "I'll stay here for the moment and speak to you before I see blue, I fear I've missed out a lot", she said, "missed out a lot on what?", Steven replied, yellow turned to him, "missed out on seeing you, I can't believe I didn't see the emergence of another diamond. Why would blue keep you away from me?".

Steven didn't know where to begin. He needed to tell yellow a lot, but he wasn't sure if she should begin with when Greg met blue or his birth and current life in Beach City. He took yellow to the pink palanquin, well he sat in her hand and pointed the correct directions, when they got there yellow bowed her head and sat down near it, it was obvious this place also hurt her. Steven got up and walked near it, touching the flowers that now covered it, "This is where my parents met!", Steven said, trying to cheer up the mood. Yellow raised an eyebrow, "How could blue find love in this place of death?", she asked, then quickly murmured under her breath, "How could she find love in this miserable planet at all?", steven pretended that he didn't hear that.

"Allow me to tell you the story I call the ballad of blue and greg", Steven began his story, sitting next to yellow diamond and looking up at her giant face, she was no where near as intimidating as she was at the zoo, she seemed quite peaceful now. "My dad is Greg universe. He was a musician who loved space and became famous for his songs about comets, planets, and of course the universe!", yellow snickered at this, "what do humans know about the universe?" She joked, "their space technology is so primitive compared to ours!". "One day on a world tour, my dad climbed the mountains we are on today and found my mum here, she was sad and grieving at the exact place we are sitting, her pearl heard dad watching her and took him to her, he was able to talk to blue about her emotions and they immediately became close", this suprised yellow and she looked back to pink's palanquin then to blue's that was still visible across the hills.

"That's all she needed? A talk about how she felt?", yellow asked, "Yeah, she said dad was the only person who understood her", Steven replied. Yellow buried her head into her hands and sighed deeply, "Aunt yellow?", Steven asked her, thinking something was wrong, "Are you ok?", he took some steps back, fearing yellow may reveal her usual violent self. "Oh blue...why couldn't you have just told me that's what you wanted.." Yellow said, it sounded like she was crying, she moved her hands from her face and wiped what seemed to be tears from her face then adjusted her helmet, "steven, please take me to blue, I need to see her immediately", yellow commanded, picking Steven up in her hand again and standing up, "we need to talk".