chapter 33 greg's new fan

Mr universe's new gem inspired album, water witch had been a unsurprisingly huge success, for 2 weeks straight he held daily concerts across beach city, bringing people from far and wide to the small town and making a lot of money not just for himself but for beach city, just as the mayor said. you couldn't go anywhere in the entire town without seeing his posters and merch decorating the place.

Now, his last concert had ended and he was sitting down at his merch stand, signing albums, meeting fans, doing small interviews, etc. The last person in the line of fans to meet him was a very tall woman wearing a flowing white dress, when it was finally her turn to meet Greg he was very interested in this woman, she looked, familiar. "Space train to the cosmos..", she said, picking up one of his older albums and reading the name, that's when Greg recognised her, the only person who showed up to his original beach city concert, all those years ago.

"Woah....you are..." he said, before stopping himself to compose his words in a much more, professional way as she looked down at him, with wonder and interest in her big eyes. "Weren't you the one who came to My first concert here?", he asked, looking up to this woman and her long, curly pink hair. "Yes I am, Mr universe", she said, her tone fascinated Greg, it sounded so kind, and familiar.

"Anyway, mr universe,", the woman, said, her tone changing, "have you seen a person around here named amethyst? She has purple skin and long white hair, she's quite small". Her words shocked Greg, she must be a gem and not only a gem but one of those crystal gems blue would always talk about, then he noticed her pink gem In her stomach, surrounded by a small yellow star in her white dress. "Yeah-I've seen her", Greg said, suddenly becoming quite pale realising blue would definitely murder him for this, "I saw her at a restaurant a couple days ago, haven't seen her since", he lied, becoming quite nervous.

"Oh, thank you Mr universe", the woman said, her tone sounding sad, it made Greg wonder, if there was more to the crystal gems, this woman didn't seem evil, maybe her and blue where more similar than they thought. "Ma'am, before you go!", Greg called to her as she started to walk away, she looked back, her long hair moving as she turned her head, "What's your name?", he asked, taking a large Mr universe shirt from under his table to give her then running to her. "I am rose", she answered. "Well rose, here's a free shirt, for being an original fan", Greg said, winking at rose making her laugh and blush. "Oh wow Mr universe, you really are something", she laughed as she left, holding the shirt he gave her.

Greg spent the night in his van, mostly because he was lazy but also because he was constantly contemplating whether he should tell blue he met the rose quartz! He decided to definitely not, if she found out how he spoke to her he'd be dead! Greg finally returned in the early hours of the morning, as he opened the door he saw Steven and blue diamond waiting for him. "DAD there you are!", Steven yelled, running to him for a hug, everyone, even pearl was wearing Mr universe shirts.

"We missed you, I'm sorry we couldn't see all the concerts", blue said, also walking up to Greg to see him, "it's only been one night but I missed you so much", she confessed, "pearl had to keep reassuring me you weren't dead!". To try and hide any suspicions, Greg tried to play it off, "oh blue-blue you don't need to worry about me, it's my life style!", he said, then very lightly kissed her on the cheek, he knew that would stop her from asking any sort of question that would reveal the truth, any small kiss would send her into fangirl freak out mode.

"How's my new fame?", lapis asked, coming from behind a corner and revealing her Mr universe shirt, "pearl got me this, because I'm now so famous they would've recognised the water witch from the album cover right?", she joked, pearl blushed and looked to the side, "I bought it because your new life as a celebrity would make doing such a normal task so difficult!", she said, her sarcasm shocked everyone, pearl having any sort of humour was very new and it quickly made blue and steven burst out laughing.