chapter 35 double birthday

It was night, Steven took his phone from under his pillow where he hid it and checked the time, 23:58, perfect, in 2 minutes he'll jump down the stairs and to where his birthday crown and cape waited for him. He checked the phone one more time then made his move, not even checking to see if blue had woken up before him, or if he was being too loud. He dahsed down the stairs and saw the Cape and crown waiting for him untouched, he looked around before he took them, maybe she'd be waiting for him and jump out to get them before he would.

As he wrapped the Cape around himself and put on the crown he heard clapping, he quickly put on the light to see who was making that sound, it was blue diamond! She was in the corner this whole time, pearl was there too, holding a cookie cat on a plate for him. "Happy birthday Steven", blue softly said, both he and his mother shared the same birthday and always played a game to see who'd first get the king costume as soon as the day started, this time she let him win.

"I beat you!", Steven joked, sticking his tounge out, "yes, but this time I let you win, its a big day for you , you're now 12!", she quietly congratulated him, "it is also a important day for you my diamond", pearl spoke up, gesturing the cookie cat she held to blue, "you are now 20 thousand years old". "Well pearl thanks for making Me feel so old!", blue replied, feeling quite awkward and wanting to change the subject, "how about we go and wake your father up? He must know that you're the first birthday king today!".

Since it Was very early Connie wasn't invited at first, she'd be invited when it's blue's turn for a party, as they share the same birthday Greg came up with the idea that they get half a day each and will need to put the crown on first to have the first party. "Congratulations birthday King!", Greg said, leading Steven to his makeshift throne he had prepared outside the house.

lapis and pearl where wearing small birthday hats, and Greg wore a clown costume. "So what are they doing?", lapis asked pearl, playing with her hat, "it's a human tradition, celebrating how many years old they are, Steven is 12 today and my diamond is now 20 thousand years old", pearl explained, lapis looked back at blue, who was singing to steven with greg and giving him presents, "I honestly thought she was older", lapis said as she watched her diamond closely.

Steven quickly opened his first present, it was from his mother, it was a long blue Cape she had made for him from her old clothes. "I remember hearing you wanted to dress like me so I made this for you, it's from a old cloak of mine", she quietly told him. "Woahhhh", Steven exclaimed, quickly jumping off the throne and taking of his birthday Cape to put it on. "I am blue diamond!", he yelled, pulling out his scythe and jumping in the air. pearl applauded him while lapis nervously saluted. "Guys! Come on! I'm not the real blue diamond, well not yet!", he said, making his scythe dissappear and putting his Cape back on and putting the cloak back in its box.

"My turn now Steven", lapis said, walking up to him, she was holding a box, this
shocked blue and pearl, neither of them knew she'd also be bringing him a present. Lapis bowed down to him and offered him the box high above her head, "this is for you, my diamond, i got it when I overheard your parents speaking about presents so forgive me if it seems a bit... rushed", lapis said, trying to sound as posh as possible but also fighting the urge to laugh at how pathetic she sounded.

"Oh wow lapis! You don't need to do all that for me!", Steven said, taking the present and slightly gesturing to her to stop bowing. they both looked at eachother and laughed when she got up, "my diamond was I too posh?", she joked, "yes lapis lazuli! Blue diamond is very mad!", Steven joked back. He opened the present, so many ideas rushing through his mind to what she could've possibly got him, as he pulled open the small box he was met with a water gun and a little card with a drawing of them both on it.

"I definitely didn't steal the water blaster from two kids", lapis nervously said, "it's for your powers! You can infinitely fill it with water!", Steven cheered at this and took out the gun, filling it with water with his powers and shooting Greg right in the face, making all his clown makeup melt off him, "awww come on! This took me so long!", Greg huffed, storming off to the van to redo the makeup. "There's another thing there in the box too Steven", lapis said, getting Steven's attention and making him pull out the card, as he opened it he was met with more drawings lapis did of them both and a small drawing of pearl. on the cad was written: