chapter 22 Steven tag!

Greg returned home from another day working at the car wash. It was a bit later than when he usually came back, it was already starting to get dark as he drove home. As he opened the door he noticed it was completely silent inside the house and no one could be seen, not even pearl who was usually seen cleaning things. As he closed the door behind him he took some steps into the house and looked around more for any sign of Steven, blue, pearl or even that new gem, but still no-one was there.

The emptiness of the house started to feel almost unsettling to Greg as he became more and more worried and freaked out as to where everyone had gone. Suddenly as he was looking around he heard a faint voice, it was Steven! It seemed to be getting closer,his voice sounded almost scared, like something was chasing him. Greg frantically followed the voice as it got louder and closer to him.

"DAD!!! HELP MEEEE! SAVE MEEE!", Steven yelled, appeared from up the stairs and quickly grabbing onto his father's leg and attempting to crawl up him. As he ran down the stairs a completely blue clone of him flew down the stairs with the same water wings blue diamond used. then 2 other blue Stevens ran down the stairs laughing uncontrollably. "What is this!? What is going on!?", Greg asked, not understanding anything at all as he held onto steven. Steven's scared voice quickly turned to laugher.

"it's Steven tag dad! If I tag a gem they turn into Steven and chase Me!" He quickly got off his father and the 3 Steven clones walked towards him laughing. "Ugh....Blue you know how I feel about shape-shifting", he harshly said, looking down at the recognisable blue diamond Steven with white hair and those diamond shaped pupils. "Fine, but this is Steven's game and we are doing it for him", blue replied, still in Steven's form and posing with pearl, Pearl's form of Steven still kept her pointy nose and hair that covered her eyes, while lapis' was just a completely blue Steven.

"Sorry If we scared you sir!", lapis said, returning to her normal form, pearl quickly returned to her form after as well, leaving blue as the only remaining Steven clone. "Thanks for ruining the game Greg", she huffed walking to the real Steven, "but don't worry I've got another game for you!". She quickly grabbed the real Steven and spun him around quickly, as their spinning became a blur she changed her colours to match Steven's.

As they stopped spinning it revealed there where now two (almost) identical Stevens. Greg looked in horror as he tried to guess who was his real son while lapis and pearl giggled in the background. "Who's the real one?", pearl playfully asked Greg, she and blue had planned this game knowing he would not like Steven tag. "Erm...", Greg struggled, trying to look at anything that revealed what Steven was the real one.

"The one without the big lips is the fake! She forgot to shape-shift them!", Greg said, pointing to one of the Stevens. The one he said was real started to laugh,he then realised that laugh was blue diamond's. "Wow, you don't know our son that much, I kept the lips so you'd know the real one!", she joked, returning to her normal form. Steven pouted and looked at his dad disappointingly, "Jeez dad I thought you where better than this!", he said, greg seemed very hurt by this and it quickly made blue and steven run to apologise and hug him."That was also a joke!" Greg said, his tone quickly changing to happy as they hugged him. "what!? You really scared us! Not fair!", blue complained.

Suddenly the 3 of them where interrupted by the door loudly knocking, pearl ran to see who it was and called back to the others that it was amethyst, Steven and blue both cheered as pearl reluctantly opened the door to let her in. "Amethyst!? Is this another one of those gems!?", Greg complained but was quickly silenced by a small purple woman running to him.

"Mr universe! I'm such a big fan!", Amethyst yelled to Greg, hugging him then shaking his hand extremely fast. "Erm thanks...Steven's friend", he awkwardly replied, discombobulated up by all the hugging and frantic hand shaking. "I'm amethyst! I'm a gem like blue diamond!", she excitedly introduced herself. "Awww its so great seeing how many people love my dad's music!", Steven said to blue as he watched amethyst, "for some reason he likes to live a life away from his fans, that I'll never understand", blue said quietly under her breath so only Steven could hear.