chapter 43 a shocking reveal at a party

Since pearl was second to find out and the only person Steven knew was serious enough to do this, she was tasked with planning on how the family would present themselves to Connie's family. Pearl's first job was to make sure everyone was dressed well, Connie's parents are strict and steven must make his family look as presentable as possible.

First up was Greg who wore the same green jumper he had on when he first met Connie's parents. "we gotta change that, they'll think you only have one posh outfit", Steven complained, imagining Connie's family running away from them because of his father's bad fashion and him never being able to see her again. Greg quickly ran and got dressed into a tuxedo, pearl thought it was a bit too much but Steven thought it was perfect.

Blue diamond was second and when pearl saw what she was wearing she nearly fainted. Blue diamond was in a full purple pimp costume, fluffy purple zebra print blazer and top hat, fake plastic golden chains, Greg's old ripped jeans and for some reason a bare chest underneath. "My diamond..what is this", pearl muttered, trying to hide her disgust, "respect yo!", blue exclaimed, doing some gang signs. "My diamond, I meant I recommend that you dress respectable", pearl corrected her, cringing at her diamond's fashion choices, blue awkwardly shuffled away with her plastic gold shaking everywhere to go and find some new clothes.

Third was lapis who was just wearing her usual clothes but with blue diamond's crocs and a watch she stole from greg. "Eventhough you changed the least you're the best dressed", pearl said, lapis smiled back at her and wispered, "because I'm the only person here besides you who is sane."

After this pearl changed her clothes in a flash of light, she was wearing the human clothes she bought earlier and had slightly styled her hair. Steven and blue ran down the stairs, both wearing matching tuxedos to show pearl. "my diamond, I believe you should wear something more, feminine", pearl said, blue huffed "like what!?", pearl gulped before answering, "like that red dress you had at the beach or your salwar kameez". Blue was very frustrated by this, Connie's parents seemed like stuck up idiots, "Greg burned the red dress because I wouldn't stop performing lana songs in it", blue said, running back up stairs for her final outfit.

The family drove to Connie's house in awkward silence, Steven had jelled his hair and ended up looking like a rich British boy, blue put the pimp suit back on just with the white shirt from her tux (pearl begged her to at least wear that). "So who are Connie's parents?", lapis asked, she was sitting in the back with pearl and blue while Steven was in front with his dad, blasting old Mr universe songs. "They're two people, a handsome man named Doug and a demon named priyanka", blue said, looking out the window, they will be at Connie's house soon.

Steven nervously knocked on the door, it was answered by doug who immediately noticed blue, as he was letting them in, he wispered in blue's ear, "nice costume you sexy irish godess". Connie immediately hugged and greeted Steven when she saw him, her mother was shocked he brought pearl and lapis with him, "are these your aunts?", she asked Steven, "yeah!", Steven nervously answered, quickly wispering to pearl and lapis what aunts where and how they need to act like them.

Priyanka then noticed blue's outfit, "this isn't a costume party...", she harshly lectured blue, "this is my work clothes", blue said, winking at her as doug quickly joined in to defend her, "yes! Me and blue have been speaking about this!", he studdered, he was usually very weak when it came to his wife. "I'm so happy that you could come", Connie said, giving Steven a cup of off-brand coke, "I couldn't say no!", Steven said, drinking the bootleg coke, the fizz burning his throat, "I couldn't say no to getting a chance to see you", Connie blushed and giggled at this.

Pearl awkwardly tried to make small talk with Connie's mother, sometimes pearl felt more like a mother to steven than blue ever was and was able to bond with priyanka much better than blue did. They spoke about all the stupid things they had to stop their kids from doing, how strict they must be and how they want their kids to grow up into either a president or a universal space king (same thing). Steven and Connie played some music on the TV and got Greg to dance with them, while this was happening doug told blue to follow him upstairs into another room.

"What do you want to show me?", blue cluelessly ask doug as she followed him up the stairs, she followed him into a spare room they had, it was completely empty, when she walked in he closed the door behind her. "I must say diamond girl, you're the hottest thing in this city", doug said, blue stepped back and bumped into the door, she felt uncomfortable. "Your Greg is a old, good for nothing wannabe star and priyanka is...you already know, how about we....", doug reached out his hand to blue but she smacked it away, "don't insult my greg", she huffed, opening the door and walking out as doug chased after her, scared she'd tell his wife.

Greg, Connie and steven continued dancing to the music while priyanka watched disapprovingly. Suddenly, blue diamond quickly ran down the stairs, her pimp hat looking deflated. "Running down the stairs isn't safe!", priyanka lectured, "I'm a doctor! Do you know how many accidents I have seen invoking them!", blue didn't listen she just sat down on the couch and tried to relax her breathing. "My diamond, are you alright?", lapis said, quickly going to blue's side, doug nervously peaked his head out from behind the door and was happy to see blue not speaking about him so stepped in the room. "Blue whats going on? Why did you run away?", he asked her, "I think I need to go home, my head hurts", she said through heavy Breathing.

"Doug where were you?", priyanka questioned him, then made him walk outside with her to another room to talk, she quickly pulled Greg In that room too and left blue with Connie and steven. Pearl and lapis tried to speak with blue but she just layed her head on the couch and took her hat off, "mum, what's wrong?", Steven nervously asked her, "nothing, keep dancing with your girlfriend", blue said, undoing the top buttons of her shirt, revealing her gem, "you'll feel better after you let your gem breathe", pearl wispered to her.

Steven looked back at his mother, worried as he went back to Connie, "she said you'll be ok and you can still dance, with me", Connie said, reaching out her hand to steven, Steven quickly took the hand and they started to spin around together and laugh. Lapis stroked blue's hair and asked, "do you feel better my diamond?", just as blue was about to reply she sat straight up and pointed to connie and steven, his gem had started to glow and before blue could stop them, they both fused.

Their fusion looked like blue but human, with dark hair and skin, their clothes had combined and they now looked like an adult instead of kids. Lapis looked back in shock, "so he can just fuse with her too", she studdered, pearl looked back through the door and saw Connie's parents where retuning, "please try and unfuse!", she pleaded with them, the new fusion started to panic, "oh no- we didn't mean to!", "UNFUSE OR I'LL MAKE YOU!", blue yelled, running to the fusion and quickly splitting them apart, Connie and steven fell to different sides of the room and blue fell to her knees and grabbed her head, moaning in pain as pearl ran to her side.

Connie's mother ran into the room and yelled, "whats going on here!", doug quickly ran in after with greg and helped blue up. "I'm sorry, me and Connie tried to do a dance and we hit my mum who was getting up to see you guys I'm so sorry", Steven lied, getting up and helping Connie up, the truth would just cause way more chaos, lapis looked back at him and gave him the thumbs up, "I'm suprised you'd lie", she wispered.

"We really need to get you home blue-blue", Greg said, sitting her back down on the couch and taking her pimp hat off. "Yes I agree", doug said, trying to make it look like he was looking at blue with pity when really he was trying to stare at her chest, "you really should go home, ill call you when you get back", Greg gasped at this, "BLUE YOU HAVE HIS PHONE NUMBER!", he exclaimed, "finally you're using that phone for stuff! All you do I spam me I love you in every single language", Steven laughed at this and went to check up on his mother, "do you have a fever again?", he asked her, "feels like it", she replied, laying back down.

"If you need to, stay here for a bit before you leave", priyanka said, touching blue's forehead, "you do seem to have a fever; seems it just happened all of a sudden". Connie looked back at steven and moved him with her to a corner to speak, "I can't believe we just fused again, and without blue", she wispered, "yeah, but we gotta be careful, we can't let that happen again!", Steven replied, "especially in your parent's house, my mum had to literally pull us apart!". Pearl saw the two of them speaking and went to see them, "do not do that again", she told them, "blue diamond doesn't want you two doing that near humans, she wants to you to be more secret because of the fact the crystal gems are near!", Connie and steven both nervously nodded back to pearl.