chapter 17 a new purple friend

Today is a very important day.today, blue diamond will finally walk around beach city among the humans for the first time and in her "disguise" clothes.she was quite reluctant ever since she saw rose quartz but Steven was able to convince her to wonder around with him. Their first stop was the big donut, blue had chosen this place since Steven regularly went there and wanted to start off her journey in familiar places. As they walked in they saw the usual workers, lars and sadie there, blue recognised them both from Steven's stories, lars was harsh and a bit of a bully to steven and sadie was a bit nicer.

"Are you sure you want to buy all of this stuff?" Sadie warned a customer, this customer had asked if she could buy about 50 different donuts, probably the biggest purchase in the entire store's history. The person buying all of these was quite a interesting looking individual that caught the attention of blue and steven immediately. This person was quite short, had very long white hair and purple skin, she seemed to be a gem but where dressed very human like.

"A-a gem!?" Steven thought, both him and blue where able to read eachothers thoughts so could communicate without talking to one another. "It seems so..." blue replied to Steven's thought, she wondered if this could have been one of the crystal gems she saw, it kind of resembled a amethyst soldier, but it was too small for one of those. As the purple being was finally able to get all of the donuts they quickly exited, holding the donuts as a giant mountain in their arms, Steven wanted to chase after and speak with them so made blue quickly get one donut and leave.

"Steven? What's going on, why did all these purple and blue skinned weirdos come into our store all of a sudden", lars asked Steven, giving blue a angry look,"I don't know?", Steven replied, "I didn't know who that was before". "Well you definitely know who this blue chick is" lars said, pointing to blue, "you and her practically have the same face!". Blue and steven both looked at eachother confused then back to lars, "really?" They both said, both having nearly the exact same facial expression.

After steven got the donut he raced after this purple person to try and see if she truly was a gem, much to blue's protest, blue yelled at him to stop but he needed to see who this was and if they where a crystal gem maybe he could prove his mother he was fit to be a diamond and shatter the traitor! "Hey you!" Steven yelled as he finally catched up to this person, he was now very out of breath. "What?", she asked, her face full of donuts. Blue quickly catched up to steven and lectured him, "why did you do that you fool! Now look at you all out of brea-, she stopped, noticing the person, they definitely where a gem, like blue and steven they had a gem right in the middle of their chest, slightly covered by the shirt they wore.

"Erm...who are you guys?" The gem asked, Steven got closer, still very out of breath and asked, "are you....a gem,?", blue wanted to drag Steven out of there and yell at him to shut up, they could be at risk of running into rose quartz if he kept up this behaviour! The purple amethyst gem looked at Steven and then blue diamond, noticing they both had matching gems, her eyes widened. "Woah are you guys other gems!?" She exclaimed, "yes but please don't tell anyone!" Blue nervously begged the amethyst. "Haha don't worry, you guys don't seem too bad, I guess the little guy was excited to see another gem?" The amethyst joked, "yes! You're the most human acting gem I've ever seen!" Steven said, a bit less out of breath than before.

Blue was still quite nervous about this new gem, she had many questions but was mostly shocked about how human she was, her clothes, the way she spoke and the fact she ate wasn't gem at all, what shocked blue the most was that this gem didn't even recognise her. "Are you an amethyst?" Blue asked, "yeah, do you know any others?" Amethyst replied, interested in what this weird blue lady knew. "Yes I know where all the other amethysts are, they work for me right now, they didn't originally, do you recognise me?" Blue asked, this shocked amethyst, she'd never seen another one of her kind and blue's words interested her greatly.

"Are the other amethysts as cool as this one?" Steven asked his mother, blue laughed at this and replied, "yes but not as human like as this one, but she would fit right in with them", "please tell me where I can see the other ones" amethyst said, sounding very interested, "and I don't recognise you". This shocked blue evenmore, it shocked Steven too, he was about to ask her about this but blue stopped him. "The fact you don't know me is strange, you know back on homeworld I rule? Have you ever left earth?" Blue asked amethyst, her mind filled with more and more questions with each answer the small gem gave, the same was happening with amethyst, everything blue said just made her keep asking more and more.

"I've never been to homeworld, I've never seen another Amethyst, I only know 4...erm 3 other gems before meeting you 2" amethyst confessed sounding almost embarrassed, Steven felt sorry for her, if she went with him and his mum he knew she'd get a new life just like they did with the lapis they freed. Blue raised an eyebrow at this last statement, "and who are the other gems you know? Please do not tell them of us though" she asked. Amethyst replied, "pearl, garnet and rose". Steven nearly gasped during when she said this, "mum? Do you think rose is keeping her sheltered from the other amethysts?" He asked his mother via his thoughts, "yes definitely" blue replied back, she felt a lot of pity for this amethyst, she felt like Steven could easily befriend her and move her away from those traitors.

"Thank you for this info, amethyst" blue said, "it's great to meet another gem, especially one that likes food as much as us, maybe you can come to our house to eat and speak more?", amethyst agreed quickly, they seemed friendly enough and knew the answers to all questions she asked. As they walked home Steven asked amethyst even more questions, "what kind of food do gems like? What was her weapon? Does she like humans more than gems?", she answered them all, the first answer was any food, she answered the second one by summoning her weapon, a long whip, Steven also summoned his scythe and they played around for a bit, much to blue's discomfort. The last answer was kinda complicated, as she knew more humans than gems she was closer with them but hoped she can meet more, especially the other amethysts blue spoke of.