chapter 45 the blue juice

Rain hit the window with great amounts of power, creating small boom sounds as it attacked, it kept Steven awake as he lay in his bed waiting for his parents to return. It was probably about 3am now and they still hadn't come back, he won't be able to sleep until they where back, he was too anxious. Pearl sat downstairs on the couch, looking out the window for any sign of them, "what could they be doing", she thought, "they couldn't still be watching that awful show".

The car lights on the recognisable Mr universe van finally started appearing through the rain and approached the house, both pearl and steven breathed a sigh of relief, they where back. Greg walked into the house first, blue was behind him, covering her mouth and looking sick, pearl watched her closely. "Did you miss us pearl?", Greg said, messing with his long brown hair, "and do you notice anything about me?", his beard had gone and all signs of aging had disappeared, he looked exactly how he did at the beginning of his career and when pearl first met him.

"Thanks to this bad baby I'm as good as new!", Greg joked, tapping blue who still kept her hands over her mouth and stayed silent. "Yes, I have seen her use this power on you before", pearl said, keeping her eyes on blue "is that why you where gone so long? usually it never takes that long", she raised an eyebrow, thankfully it couldn't be seen through her hair but Greg could feel something was off about her tone. "Well anyway I'm off to bed, I'm gonna be having a busy day at the carwash tomorrow", Greg said, walking upstairs and leaving blue with pearl.

Blue followed Greg up the stairs with her eyes, as soon as he was gone she ran to the downstairs bathroom, pearl secretly listened in and could hear running water and gagging coming from the bathroom, blue was in there for about half and hour before she came out, drenched in water and looking ill. "What happened my diamond?", pearl asked with concern as blue rubbed a towel over her mouth and coughed.

Steven went to bed not long after seeing his dad's car appear and woke up with durgy and lapis looking over him. "Hey Steven, have you seen blue diamond?", lapis asked him, she looked slightly worried, "I think she came back here last night?", Steven replied, still a bit tired, "pearl told me that", lapis replied, looking out to the van "but she said she's locked herself in some room and isn't talking to anyone, do you know what room?". Steven jumped out his bed, "she's done what!?", he exclaimed, "lapis where is pearl! Please take me to her!", lapis saluted him and quickly took him to her.

Lapis took Steven to pearl who was standing outside the downstairs bathroom, "why does she always go in there", Steven huffed, "my diamond is in there!? Why!?", lapis asked him, Steven just looked to pearl who shrugged. "My diamond, Steven is here to see you", pearl called to blue through the door, the door slightly opened and blue looked through the crack, "Hello....", she mumbled. "Mum what's going on!?", Steven cried, blue looked away for a moment then replied, "look at your father", she closed the door right after, perfect timing as greg walked down the stairs ready for work.

Steven gasped as he saw his father's new (technically old) appearance, "dad!? Mum did this to you!?", he exclaimed, running to his father. "Yeah schtu-ball she made me go back about 20 years all thanks to her weirdest power, I call it the blue juice", Greg joked, blue slowly opened the door and looked out, she was wearing the white coat Steven had gifted her. "What weird power mum?", Steven asked her, blue suddenly blushed and became very embarrassed, "oh...erm...its kinda gross", she studdered as greg giggled, "at least she finally got out that room", lapis muttered to pearl, "I don't know why but she always locks herself in there", pearl wispered back.

"Come on mum! Tell me what the blue juice is! Is it your pee or something?", Steven joked, making blue more embarrassed, "WHAT!? NO! I CAN'T EVEN-", blue yelled, turning the most purple-pink shade pearl had ever seen her become. "No steven! Your mother over here has got... anti aging spit!", Greg said, running up behind blue and pulling out her tounge. "Woahhhh, can I do that!?", Steven said, spitting on his hand and smacking pearl in the head with it, she just shrieked and ran to blue. "Maybe try on a human", Greg said, looking at blue's weird crystal looking tounge.

"So that's how my dad became like 20 years younger!", Steven said to Connie on the phone, "wow! what can your mother not do! She's so powerful!", Connie replied back, what Connie didn't know is that her mother was listening in. "What is that Steven kid talking about now?", she harshly asked her daughter, towering over her, Connie quickly hung up and turned to her mother, looking terrified. "erm...just something about his dad, aging really well..", she studdered, her mother raised an eyebrow, "I heard he looked like he skipped 20 years", she said, with slight interest, "that doesn't sound scientifically possible, I'm a doctor I'd know, bring over that Steven and his family to show me!", she walked away, Connie quickly texted this to steven, deep down she was terrified, if her parents saw more of blue's powers they might think Steven's family is weird and wrong and not let them speak to eachother again.

Greg was able to get off work early to go to Connie's house, this time lapis and pearl stayed back in the house and only blue, Greg and steven went to see Connie. As Connie's mother opened the door she very loudly gasped as she saw Greg, "how did she...", she muttered as she looked at him, "pretty cool huh?", Greg replied as he stepped in the house. "Hey guys!", Connie said, running past her mother to greet blue and steven, she gave Steven a high five and gave blue a big hug, her mother watched blue with interest and guided them to come and sit down with her.

"I don't understand how did he age that well?", priyanka asked blue, blue looked away and started to sweat, "erm...its one of my powers, its kinda weird and can really vary", she studdered, becoming very flustered. As they where speaking Steven saw this as a great opportunity to try and speak to connie through his mind powers and send Connie his thoughts, "did I tell you its her spit that made him young?", he asked Connie, she flinched as he heard his thought and looked back to him, "wait, so they must've kissed, and if you have her powers, does that mean I can turn into a baby if we kiss?", Connie replied, her thought made Steven blush as he imagined all the scenarios where they'd kiss.

"It's her magic diamond spit, maybe you can see it for yourself Mrs maheswaran!", Greg said, interrupting the embarrassed blue. "Her what!?", priyanka exclaimed, looking at blue, "sounds disgusting, but if its able to do that to you I would like to see a demonstration". Blue looked back to Greg horrified and greg winked at her, "fine, I'll show my powers on you but it's gonna be very gross", blue said, standing up in front of priyanka, "I'm a doctor nothing is gross to me", priyanka laughed, crossing her arms and closing her eyes, ready to test this magic diamond power.

Blue stook her tounge out and grabbed priyanka by the shoulders and slowly moved down to her forehead and licked it, Steven and Connie watched in horror and confusion. Doug walked in and stayed completely still out of shock. As blue's tounge touched her head, her head started to glow and all her gray hair and wrinkles disappeared in a instant. "Is it done?", priyanka asked, opening her eyes and seeing blue standing over her, "yeah", blue whispered. Priyanka turned to doug and Connie and they both looked at her, shocked and amazed. "priyanka! You are...SO YOUNG!?", doug exclaimed, looking like he might faint "woah mom you look like your old wedding pics!", Connie yelled. Priyanka quickly ran to a mirror and nearly fainted, she looked about 10 years younger, "how is this...possible", she said, as she admired her new look.

"So, can we go now...", blue quietly asked them, "yes, but how long will this stay", priyanka asked blue, still looking at herself in the mirror, "well, compared to Greg I only gave you a tiny bit so I'd say a week", blue replied, feeling very awkward. Priyanka ran to her with a cup, "spit in this, you won't need to keep visiting and making me stay young", she said, giving blue the cup, Greg giggled in the background while Connie cringed. "You sure?", blue asked, looking down into the cup, "it feels gross". "Please mum!", Steven called to her, making her flinch, "do it for Mrs maheswaran!", blue huffed, and reluctantly started to do it, she didn't want to upset her son. After the most disgusting couple seconds of her life, blue half filled the cup with her magic spit, "now you've got your own blue juice!", Greg joked, Connie's mother quickly thanked her for this and took the juice to her room, probably to worship it or something.

The three of them drove home not long after that, blue was in the front and stayed mostly silent and felt disgusting, while Steven kept asking her questions none stop. "So last night where you guys gone because you where spitting on dad?", Steven asked, blue didn't answer just looked out the window, "no she didn't just spit on me", Greg laughed, "so what did you guys do to make you that young dad?", this made blue blush again and cover her head with her hood, Greg giggled and tried to find a right answer, "well Schu-ball ball, the thing is we erm-"you'll find out with connie", blue interrupted Greg, her voice quick and monotone, not wanting anymore questions but Steven didn't get that, "wait...where you both kissing!?", Steven asked, making blue cover her head with her hands in shame and greg laugh more.