chapter 42 steven makes a gem-book account

"I remember not long ago, about 30 years ago you spoke of inter-gem fusion, correct?", yellow diamond spoke, she was in a small, dark room with blue diamond. "Yes, I remember", blue quietly replied to her intimidating sister, "well, I have a perfect plan based off that story of yours", a smile appeared on yellow's face, not a kind one as she wrapped her arm around blue and pulled her closer. "do you want to hear my plan?", she asked blue, her face getting closer to hers.

"Wah!?", Steven gasped as he woke up, another diamond dream, he really needs to start telling his mother about these.He got out of bed and checked the time on his special cookie cat themed alarm clock, it was only 6AM, very early, especially compared to when he usually wakes up, but Steven decided to not go back to sleep and instead get dressed.

Steven put on the usual dark blue dress pants he wore, they where too big for him and he had to roll up the bottom but his dad was said to have spent a lot on them so he never said anything about them. Recently, Steven had been hiding his gem under his shirt but today, he put on the special shirt he made to show off his gem, it was a dark blue shirt with a yellow star in the middle but Steven cut the top so his gem connected to the star. Today he would also be wearing the Cape his mother gave him for his birthday, he stood proudly in the mirror as he draped it over his shoulders, "all of homeworld will know me one day!", he said to himself as he looked in the mirror.

Steven walked down the stairs with his Cape over his head, like how his mother would walk around hooded. As he went downstairs he was met with pearl cleaning, as she saw him she quickly saluted and bowed. "my diamond-my Steven, I mean", she said to him, Steven smirked at this, he looked so much like a diamond even pearl called him it! "You thought I was mum?", he jokingly asked as pearl became flustered, "well don't worry pearl soon I'll become a diamond like her!". "Well, my steven, it is awfully early, why are you up so early and dressed, like... that", pearl said, trying to change the subject, "I had a diamond dream so wanted to act like a diamond", Steven replied, pulling the Cape off his head.

The warp-pad suddenly activated and blue diamond stepped out, she was wearing a black mr universe shirt and the black and white shorts she bought not long ago, she was slightly slumped over and looked exhausted. "Hey mum!", Steven excitedly greeted her, running over to show her how good he looked in the Cape she gifted him. "Oh hey Steven", blue yawned, "why are you up so early? enjoying your birthday presents?", she asked, going to sit on the couch. "Mum why were you at the warp?", Steven asked, following his mother to the couch and sitting next to her, "I was checking something", blue mumbled, laying down on the couch, "I randomly remembered it at 3am and needed to make sure it was doing well". "Oh what was that mum? Special diamond things?", Steven asked, his interest peaked, blue yawned and closed her eyes, "i was looking at the clus....", she said before falling back to sleep, "aww no fair!", Steven huffed.

"My diamond was working very hard it's best to leave her to rest", pearl said, trying to be as polite as possible to steven when in reality she found him very obnoxious right now. "Do you know what she was doing?", Steven asked pearl, maybe she can tell him, he always felt like his mother was hiding things from him. "Yes, but it is much better if she tells you", pearl said, looking down at blue who was now fast asleep.

"Well there is another thing you can help me with!", Steven said, his tone changing into something more fun, he quickly ran to his room and came back down with the gem tablet pearl gave him, "can you help me make some accounts on gem websites?", he said to pearl while giving her the tablet and quickly sitting back on the couch to where he was.

"Alright, to make a gem-book account you just need a username and password...", pearl explained to steven, gem-book was the biggest website used by gems, across the planets gems used gem-book to speak to eachother, share images and art, teach, discover, ect. Steven was only allowed to make an account as long as he didn't reveal who he was, he ended up setting up a blue diamond fan account, diamond fan accounts where common on gem-book so this would bring no suspicion. "Alright my first post will be a text post about how cool my mum is, maybe I can take some pics of her and you can help me draw her", Steven said, typing up his first post, which read...