chapter 68 the reveal of the greatest lie in history

Rose lead greg to just outside the temple, she was so fast he basically had to chase after her, he was out of breath from all running he had to do but was just able to keep up. He knew this was going to be something very important, rose told him she had some sort of secret she needed to reveal to him.

Rose's pearl sat outside below the giant statue that made up the temple and just watched in silence, staring down at the two of them as they stopped and stood near the beach's shore. She knew what was coming, she had discussed this in detail with rose earlier, deep down, she disagreed with the plan but she would never say no to her great leader, especially the leader she was made for and dedicated her entire existence to.

Blue diamond followed after them, she was able to do it in near complete silence with no one noticing her. she crawled up on the temple's hill to watch them, she was breathing heavily and could barely contain her emotions, slightly trembling as she held onto the hill's rocks, She only watched rose, she couldn't even look at greg or else she'd immediately burst into tears, causing her powers to trigger, notifying everyone she was there.

"Those things you've told me, about blue diamond and the other gems...", rose began, taking a deep breath and preparing herself, she planned this with pearl for a long time but still struggled to find the right words, "there's no other option for me to believe everything you said. Eventhough you're just a human, there's no way you'd be able to lie about all these things". Greg didn't speak, he just listened to Rose's words, her pearl did the same as she watched over them, staring down disapprovingly at greg while she listened to her leader's words.

"As you and pearl are the only ones I can now trust and the last connections to my fellow crystal gems there's something I must reveal to you, Greg, something I've shown only to pearl", she took some steps back from greg, preparing herself for what she was about to do. Blue moved in closer, waiting to see what rose was going to show her traitorous lover.

"In order to save this planet from the diamonds, I've decided I will no longer live the lie that is rose quartz, I've lived this false identity for too long, I'm more than just rose quartz, I'm someone the diamonds will want more than rose quartz", as she spoke her body started to glow and shapeshift, her gem rotated onto it's side as she changed form, revealing her gem was not that of a rose quartz but in fact that of a pink diamond. Her pearl covered her mouth and gasped for air as she watched, pink had put a curse on her to never tell anyone of this or anything to do with her secrets.

The light faded and there stood pink diamond in her true form. She was much smaller than the other diamonds, even slightly smaller than blue's current form. Her hair was huge and fluffy like a cloud, she wore a clown like outfit with poofy shorts, white tights, a small tutu, ridiculously big shoulder pads, dark pink gloves and cute pink shoes with little white balls at the tip that looked like something a fairy would wear.

"Greg, pearl", she spoke, "you two are the only people I can trust with this info", her pearl now walked up to her and stood next to Greg, she bowed deeply, forever loyal to the diamond she was given to. "I am pink diamond, I always was. I faked my shattering to get out of that old life on homeworld, I took the form of a rose quartz to live here on earth, my former colony, I've held in this secret for too long but now I shall reveal it not just to earth but to all of homeworld, as my last plan to rid the earth from all gem and diamond influences".

Greg didn't speak, he didn't know what to say, his mind was racing. pink diamond put her hand on his shoulder, she looked down at him and gave a caring smile, her eyes where just like blue's, those big diamond pupils, so beautiful yet so scary. "Greg, I understand this is a lot and having it all hit you all of a sudden must feel so shocking but this is what I must do now, its my only remaining option for this planet", she told him, even the way she stared down at him was just like how blue would when she was going on those long rambles about her love for him. "after losing all but one of my crystal gems I must end the lie that was rose quartz and fight homeworld as my real self!".

"YOU LIAR!", a voice yelled, scaring the three of them, they all recognised the voice and immediately turned to face it, it was blue diamond, she had returned to her original giant form, she was shaking and energy was covering her entire body, she was baring her sharp teeth and at full power. "Blue....", greg said under his breath, pink's pearl was frozen in fear and pink diamond was panicking, "blue!?... you heard of all that?", she asked trembling.