Chapter 57 the moon base

"So blue are you finally gonna tell him?", greg angrily questioned blue diamond, who was, for some reason laying flat on the floor, "the selkie thing?-"NO YOU STUPID SMURF! I MEAN THE CLUSTER!", "...oh that, I've kinda told him the main bit but alright". Blue got up from the floor and rubbed her head, "I'm tired but fine then", blue said to steven, "I know a place you can learn all about the cluster and diamond stuff", she lightly pet durgy who stood up and bowed to her, "she can help us get there!". Steven looked down at durgy and put his hand through her glowing blue fur, "are the secrets of the cluster inside her?", he asked blue "No! Not inside her! But she can take us to where they are!", blue said, sitting on durgy, Steven quickly copied her after.

"Your clarity I was wondering about the cluster I remember you said you terminated it?", holly blue agate said, appearing from a corner and scaring lapis so much she screamed and fell onto blue pearl. "Yes I got rid of it", blue replied, "it was a stupid plan by yellow diamond, another one of her ridiculous experiments, you can some with us if you want, just sit on durgy with us!", holly blue saluted and joined Steven and blue diamond on the tiger, pearl quickly followed too, lapis at first didn't want to go but she didn't want to be alone again so got on durgy too. "Don't worry guys me and greg can stay here!", Amethyst said, giving greg a high five, "yeah I was just going to say I don't think there's anymore space on poor durgy", blue said, stroking the blue tiger, "I hope we aren't too heavy for you".

When everyone was ready, durgy jumped though the door, nearly breaking them and making greg scream and started running out to the beach, Steven had to hide in her fur to not fall off while holly blue and lapis screamed, blue and pearl where already very used to this and didn't react at all. Durgy ran as fast as she could, running of the beach and roared, when she roared a bright blue portal came out of her mouth and floated in front of them, durgy jumped into the portal and it lead to a dark building with the old diamond symbol on the floor.

"Woah what is this place?..", Steven said, getting out of durgy's fur and looking around, he was quite shaken from the journey and felt dizzy, he had to hold onto the wall for a couple seconds to feel normal again. "Oh! My diamond! Is this the old moon base!", holly blue exclaimed, exitedly looking around at the large murals on each wall, "it sure is!", blue replied, helping lapis off durgy, pearl used her gem as a light and looked at the murals, they depicted the diamonds and the planets they had as colonies.

"Woah! Look at that one!", Steven said, running next to pearl and pointing her light to the mural depicting blue diamond, "that's mum!" He exclaimed, "she looks so different here". The mural depicted blue diamond holding 8 planets in her hand and looking at then, her clothes and appearance where much different to how she currently looked, with longer, dark hair and a different dress that revealed her entire arms and chest. "That's because it's a era 1 base do you not notice the old symbol on the floor", holly blue said, sneaking up behind Steven and slightly scaring him, lapis kept her distance away from holly blue and stayed by blue diamond.

"Back then, when pink diamond was here blue diamond looked very different from how she does now", holly blue explained, blue didn't listen, her and lapis just looked for the button to activate the stairs. "back then her hair was the most magnificent dark blue colour and so long, she had such a commanding presence, not saying she doesn't have one now but back then, she really was something!", "so why did she change?", Steven asked, pearl and holly blue both froze and looked back to blue who had finally activated the stairs, they where a spiral staircase that came out of the ground.

Holly blue didnt speak about it again and just followed blue and lapis up the stairs in silence, pearl and steven slightly stayed back. "so what happened to mum?", Steven asked pearl, now much quieter, pearl took a breath and waited for the to be some space between them and the others before she spoke, "it was the grief from losing pink, it is said from the stress her hair turned white and she screamed so much when she saw the shards the earth suffered many earthquakes from the pure energy coming from her pain", pearl whispered, Steven turned his head to see the pink diamond mural and froze, completely captivated by it, the mural depicted pink diamond jumping from what seemed to be crystals and holding her only colony, the earth and its moon.

The stairs lead to two different floors, the second floor of the building was dark besides a glowing sphere in the middle. "Hey mum what's that?", Steven asked blue, slightly pushing through pearl and holly blue to get to her, "with that we can look at anywhere on earth", blue said, walking to it and activating it, the walls suddenly light up and showed beach city, "we use this when we can't check up on our planets directly, it's very helpful", "can I have a go mum?", Steven asked, running to the sphere, blue gave it to him and let him look around beach city and even the parts of korea they used to live in, "oh isn't this so beautiful a diamond in training", holly blue dramatically said, lapis just looked away and sighed, she couldn't deal with another second being near her.

"My diamond", pearl quietly said, walking up to blue and steven, "I believe the top floor is why we are here", "oh right!", blue replied, she had become a bit distracted by watching Greg, sunbathing outside the carwash and forgot why they where here, blue lightly took Steven by the hand and lead him to the top floor.

The top floor's ceiling was glass revealing the many crators on the moon and even showing earth not far away, Steven looked through the windows amazed, "wow we really are on the moon". In the middle of this floor was a white throne and a screen, blue sat on the throne and pearl stood next to her, lapis just watched in the corner while holly blue fangirled "oh my diamond, so intelligent, eventhough this is some outdated technology she still handles it with respect, this is why i love how beautiful and merciful she is!".

"So mum, is this old base...pink diamond's?", Steven asked, walking to his mother and looking at her check all the old files on the very old screen, "yes it is", pearl whispered, "in fact pink used to sit here". "I haven't been here in so long", blue said, reminiscing about all her old memories of pink for a second before quickly changing her train of thought before it upset her, "it may take a while for me to find the correct cluster file, you can go and look around earth at the floor below if you want", "of course mum!", Steven excitedly ran down the stairs, lapis followed after him, telling blue she'll watch over him, in reality she was just getting away from holly blue.

Lapis followed Steven down the stairs, he noticed her shadow and stopped to face her, "oh hey lapis!", he kindly greeted her, "do you wanna see around earth with me?", "I'll do anything as long as it's not hanging out with holly blue", lapis joked, "well.. I actually wanted to go to the ground floor and look at those pictures of the other diamonds, do you wanna follow me there?", lapis nodded and the secretly made their way down there. Without Pearl's light it was significantly darker but Steven didn't care, he was captivated by each mural and spent a long time looking at each one in wonder.

He first went back to his mother's mural, he took his phone out and took a photo of it. "You where in the mirror during the war right?", Steven asked lapis, his voice sympathetic and fearing he may upset her even asking her about this, "yes, now that I'm back so much has changed", lapis replied, her voice sad and quiet as she thought about all the thousands of years she missed. "Pink diamond is dead, I heard homeworld is on an entirely new era and blue diamond, she's so different", Steven looked up at the mural again, remembering what pearl told him, "did my mum look like that when you last saw her?", he asked lapis, "yes", she quietly replied.

The second mural they went to look at was yellow diamond's, compared to blue's her's was much more detailed and she had more planets, she also looked more accurate in the mural to how she looked now. "I've seen yellow diamond speak with my mum a bit, she seems like garbage, I also heard she's the one who tried to destroy earth", Steven told lapis, lapis crossed her arms and smirked, "you are right about that one", she said, "yellow will and always be a harsh bully, even the other diamonds hate her, all she ever spoke about was colonies...I wonder if she changed,", her tone became weak for a second, as her mind went back on all the years she missed, "no, she probably hasn't, a person like her stays garbage forever!",