chapter 12 human clothes

To stop all the debate over Durgy, blue slept in Steven's room with the giant tiger as a pillow and her next to Steven's bed with his head laying off the bed and on her chest. This night Steven had a strange dream, he was running through flower fields while other gems where frantically guiding him somewhere, he could hear all sorts of gems crying and screaming as he got closer to wherever this place was until, he saw it.He recognised this place as where his parents met but also a significant site to his mother, a place belonging to pink diamond, as soon as he saw that he suddenly woke up.

"Ugh...what the.." Steven said, waking up, blue was gone, so was durgy and his face was covered in tears. "was this one of mum's powers?" He thought, "did I share a memory with her as a dream and feel her pain?". Suddenly his thoughts where interrupted by Greg quickly running into the room, "Steven? What's wrong? Your mother said you randomly started crying in your sleep!" Greg said, sounding concerned and getting close to steven."I don't know why I cried" Steven said, "I remember my dream but it wasn't a sad one". "Please tell me what it was" blue said, coming into the room, "pearl always suspected you'd have my memories along with my powers, I wonder if it's because of that". "That theory is from when you where pregnant and we weren't sure if you'd survive", Greg said to blue, "yes but if he has My powers what else could he share?" Blue replied, "so please, Steven tell me what you saw".

"Alright so I was running through a field, people where telling me to go somewhere, it sounded serious, I could also hear people yelling" Steven began, his parents listened very carefully to everything he said, especially blue, "then the people guiding me somewhere lead me to that pink thing in Korea, that place where you two met, just there was no flowers there and it looked more new". Blue looked at Steven with a horrified face, "...so you do have my memories" she quietly said, looking to the ground, "you know what my dream was about? What it when pi-"NO MORE!", blue interrupted Steven, "FORGET THIS EVER HAPPENED!".

"And so I told her my dream and she freaked out at me!", Steven told pearl, they where sitting together and waiting for Greg to come back with some donuts, blue had also gone but Steven didn't know where, pearl said it was for work and she'd be back in about an hour. "My diamond doesn't like talking about the past, she becomes very emotional easily", pearl explained, "I know but sometimes it just makes things worse" Steven said, "I wish she'd just explain things to me without freaking out". "But she did try Steven, remember your bath?" Pearl replied, "you know, before you where born my diamond was convinced she'd die before seeing you so instructed me to tell you everything". Steven looked at pearl with excitement in his eyes, "so can you tell me everything!!", he exclaimed, pearl realised she probably shouldn't have said this and started to studder, "w-well....my diamond is still very much a-alive and I don't think she said I could still tell you if she was still here". Steven started to complain, "come on pearl!  And she isn't here right now!", pearl gave in and told Steven to sit down, "fine I will tell you the story of the diamonds in era 1!".

From Pearl's gem a light shone out of it, onto the wall and small cartoons pearl had drawn started to play in the light. "Once upon a time there were 4 great diamonds. the white diamond the closest to the supreme Lord paragon the mother of all gems, the yellow diamond the leader of the army of gems and a genius commander of military, the blue diamond the supreme  diplomat of the universe and the young pink diamond who hadn't yet found her greatest achievement." Pearl began, Steven looked at all the projected art in amazement, he was so shocked to even hear the name pink diamond without everything becoming emotional right after

"The diamonds, lead by white, successfully freed the early gems from their oppressors and found their own planet to live on. Soon after, enemies came to attack the gems and they where easily defeated and as a show of victory, the gems took over their now lifeless planets.The white and yellow diamonds had the most planets and fought the most battles, whilst the blue diamond mostly found lifeless planets and dedicated her time attempting communication with the many beings across the galaxy but the pink diamond still had no planet of her own." Steven remembered his mother telling him this part. as he looked at the small, simple drawing of pink diamond he wondered what she looked like and how close she must've been with blue.