chapter 63 blue's meltdowns

Steven burst open the doors to his home and frantically ran in, sweat running down his face, "GUYS MUM HAS-", "she just warped off somewhere with that greg", holly blue interrupted Steven, her voice unnaturally calm, for the situation. "so she went back here!? she escaped the hospital and freaked out!", Steven said, more calm now but out of breath from rushing home. "My diamond escaped? And what do you mean she freaked out?", pearl asked Steven, worry in her voice, Steven at first didn't want to answer but knew he had to, "her body went all weird, she started to change size and then she got very angry and destroyed the place when they didn't let her leave", holly blue shook her head, "my diamond would never act in such a way and she seemed very calm when she came back here", she loudly said, pearl bowed her head and waited for holly blue to stop speaking before she spoke the truth, "it seems she's had another one of her meltdowns, Greg always calms her down so they're probably in Korea doing things that make her happy".

"So mum will be in Korea! pearl please come with me, I gotta see her", Steven said, running to the warp as pearl followed after him. Before the warp activated pearl whispered to steven, "I'm not very sure we should go up to her when she's like this, she prefers only being alone with greg at this state", "well we'll just watch in secret!", Steven replied, giving pearl a funny wink making her laugh.

The warp landed them in a very familar place, the Korean hills, where it all started. It was night there now but the pink flowers where still as noticeable as ever. Steven stepped off the warp and looked around. "so where about do you think they'll be?", he asked pearl, "probably near her palanquin, so that way", she replied, pointing west. Steven followed after pearl, looking around, pearl knew this place well, before Steven was born it was the only place blue and Greg spent their time together, each place had so many memories, she quickly pulled Steven through the places that she'd knew he'd see the old memories.

In the distance they could see the palanquin, it was impossible not to miss, even at night. pearl stopped and stared at the palanquin, she felt fear come over her. "it's best you stay back here, she may be upset and if you're effected by her aura it will then effect greg, then they'll know you're watching them", she told Steven, Steven nodded and saluted pearl, "yes sir!", he jokingly said, standing still, pearl quietly laughed then made her way to the blue palanquin. Pearl took each step with anxiety, as she made her way closer she could remember all the times she saw Greg and blue there, all the things she saw them do, all the times she saw them kiss and how it made her feel so sick.

She approached the curtains and nervously slightly parted them to look through as her hands started to shake in fear. she could see blue diamond, laying her head on Greg's lap and shaking uncontrollably, she was crying and holding her left arm, it seemed swollen and was throbbing, Greg was stroking her hair and seemed to be comforting her and whispering things to her. Pearl looked away and contemplated what she was going to do next, should she act like a normal pearl and act like nothing happened and she didn't see anything, should she come in oblivious and say she was just checking up on blue or return to steven and tell him what she saw.

Just as pearl was about to make her next move she heard Greg's voice speak, "oh blue-blue, it's ok, no one besides me understands you and your outbursts but I'm here for you", he said, pearl listened in, slightly offended that Greg was acting like he was some expert on blue when he was no where near as close as she was to her diamond. Blue looked up at greg, tears streaming from her eyes, "But-but I kinda wrecked everything, I hurt people and I started seeing things, it was all because of-", greg hushed her, putting her finger over her mouth, "it's OK, we can forget all of this", he told her, "you know, I had a suprise for steven, maybe you can come with us too", he gave blue a big smile and wiped away her tears. "what was the suprise?", blue asked him, moving her head off him and looking deep into his eyes, "we where just gonna go to empire city, where you went with those kids on the bikes, its expensive there but always great to relax".

"Empire city?"Blue asked, "That was the name of that place? I must've forgotten, it was so different there compared to beach city, I liked it, I will go with you and steven." Greg held her hand and pulled her closer to him, "Good, we'll get ready and go tomorrow. steven will be so happy, and we won't speak of the hospital situation even again,"

Pearl had heard enough and made her way back to steven, "what where they doing? Is Mum OK now?", Steven asked pearl, he had barely moved from where she left him, "she seems to have calmed down, Greg said he has a suprise with you and now blue is joining in on that suprise", pearl said, a slight bit of happiness could be heard in her voice, "a suprise?" Steven asked, "What suprise?", Pearl laughed and guided him back to the warp, "it wouldn't be a suprise if I told you, my steven! Now, let's get you back home. We don't want them knowing that any of us heard them".