chapter 46 failed affair

"I found her by the site, she was shaking and unresponsive, she's been like that ever since", yellow diamond said, pulling a familar blue figure by the arm to a bright white light. "Oh, moonlight you poor thing, you really must stop being so weak to these gems", a voice came from the white light, yellow bowed down to the light. "But, don't worry moonlight", a white hand with sharp black nails came out the light and touched blue's cheek, "I can fix you".

Steven woke up, another diamond dream, this time he woke up gasping and out of breath. "Mum! MUM COME QUICKLY!", Steven called, he needed to tell her about these dreams, they've been happening so much now he can't just hide them. Blue ran into the room almost right after he called her, she looked very concerned, "steven what is it?", she asked him, sitting at the foot of his bed. "I had a weird dream, about the other diamonds, I've been having them for a while now and I've realised i really need to tell you", Steven said, scared of how his mother would react. Blue's eyes went as wide as they could, "for how long have these been happening!? What do you see in them!? Do you see pink!?", she exclaimed, steven shook his head, "no I haven't seen pink yet, mostly just yellow and I've only had a few, most of them are yellow just speaking with you", Steven explained, calming blue down slightly. "So what does she say?", blue asked, moving closer to her son, "not much memorable stuff just now, she was speaking to some sort of light, it was just white I could hear a voice but not see another person", Steven's words silenced his mother, she looked at him terrified, "white diamond....", she whispered to herself, "oh her! Is she super shiny or some-"I don't want to speak about her, she is....something", blue interrupted Steven and soon walked away, leaving him with more questions than answers.

Steven got ready and went downstairs to see his father and make some breakfast, lapis and pearl where also downstairs, but no sign of blue. "Where did mum go?", Steven asked pearl, pearl was sitting next to lapis and talking with her, when she heard Steven she slightly flinched and stopped talking with lapis immediately after. "Oh! My diamond is getting ready for something! She's going somewhere with a friend", pearl told Steven, quickly going back to speak with lapis right after. "A friend? You mean dad?", Steven asked pearl, "isn't Greg more than a friend?", lapis said, giving pearl a confused look, "I don't think she meant Greg, maybe another friend", pearl replied, now Steven was really confused, "but mum doesn't have any friends besides-" then he realised, "...Connie's dad".

"Alright pearl how do I look?", blue said, swinging open the bathroom door, she was wearing the most detailed, dark blue Indian saree, and covered in all sorts of bangles and jewellery, "how beautiful my diamond", pearl said, lapis saluted her, "you're amazing", she said, trying to copy pearl by doing a deep bow but nearly tripping up. "Wait mum, aren't you wearing your fellow gems?", Steven asked, looking at the many necklaces blue wore, "no! These are just crystals I made them, right now, I spat them out", blue said, showing Steven the jewellery closer and then gagging and spitting out a small blue crystal. "Dang, blue-blue, if we run out of money I can just use you to puke out some jewellery to sell", Greg joked, "Anyway why are you dressed like that?", he analysed her looks, she has shapeshifted slightly into a more human form, she now had fingernails and breasts. "Connie's father, that nice man doug wanted to see me and said he wants me to dress like this, for some reason", blue said, Greg raised an eyebrow, "well that doug man does have some good taste, but it is a bit odd", he walked around blue, looking at each detail in her fashion. "Will Connie be there? Can I come?" Steven asked, "I hope so, she's so nice", blue replied, "but I think doug only wanted to see me, but if Connie's there you can some with me".

There was a knock on the door, pearl quickly opened it and revealed it was doug, waiting for blue with a big smile on his face. "Hey Blue! You look amazing", he came in and gave blue a big hug, Greg was shocked, "why are they so close!?", he thought to himself, when they first met they talked for so long and when they went to his house they where super close too, it was confusing and angering Greg. "Wow, you dressed exactly how I said, I was joking I never knew you had all these beautiful clothes", he said, looking at blue in amazement, "thanks, it really isn't anything special", blue laughed it off but doug wasn't done yet, "it is everything special! You look like royalty!", he exclaimed, "now we should get going now I've wanted to do this all day!", he said as he lead blue out the house and into his car.