Chapter 2

Once Maniac concluded, Venom began and Red Lights followed that

Once Maniac concluded, Venom began and Red Lights followed that. My face flushed as I realized the woman beside me was a mother with her child. I shyly nodded to her and pretended like their choreo wasn't the hottest thing I'd ever seen anyone do.

An extended instrumental of Charmer began playing next and Felix stepped forward to speak.

"At the intermission, we flashed the potential for a prize on the screen. I'll now let Hyunjin announce the winner!"

Hyunjin joined him at the front of the stage.

"Section 108," he began, and the entire area where Mana and I were sitting lit up. I stared at her wide-eyed.

"Row 4," he added.

The rest of the Section went dark except for the row that we were seated in.

"There's no way," I told her.

"Fingers crossed!" she replied.

"Seat Number..." he paused for dramatic effect, and the entire arena stomped their feet mimicking a drum roll.

"8!" he shouted and Mana flung herself around me.

"What did he say?" I asked in shock.

"8! That's you!" she cheered and embraced me.

My seat was the only one still spotlighted. I stared at the stage as Chan stepped forward. "After the show, please come forward towards the stage and a security guard will escort you backstage to retrieve your prize." He flashed a dimple in my direction and rejoined the group as they prepared for the next song.

I nodded and, though I was still delirious from
what had just happened, they began singing Charmer.

"What do you think it is?" Mana asked once my seat went dark again.

"It's backstage so maybe a meet and greet," I shrugged.

"See! I told you Chan would see your fit somehow."

I rolled my eyes and laughed as we watched them perform the rest of the setlist. They ended with LALALALA, and then the lights came up and the show was over.

"Wow!" I breathed as I sat down for the first time in hours. We'd been standing and cheering the whole show. My boots were not made for comfort. My feet definitely had blisters.

"Ready to see your prize?" Mana asked me excitedly as she remained standing and tried to grab my hand to pull me away.

"I'm feeling nervous. Why am I nervous?" Butterflies stormed my stomach, and I felt so anxious that I could pass out.

"Don't be! You've seen them in interviews! They're all super nice," she reminded me.

"I know. I know."