Chapter 49

The front door opened and closed, and I jumped out of bed to put something on

The front door opened and closed, and I jumped out of bed to put something on. I tossed a t-shirt and boxers to Chan and ruffled through my bag for what I would've worn to bed had I bothered to dress.

"Ella!" Mana shouted.

"In here!" I replied. I quickly put my clothes on. She knocked on the door, and Chan gave me the thumbs up to open it.

"Considering your outfit from last night is scattered about my living room, I'm assuming you had a good time?" she smiled. Chan waved at her from the bed.

"A great time," I whispered so that Chan couldn't hear me gushing over him.

"Well, come out here when you're ready."

"I'm making breakfast!" Seungmin shouted from the kitchen. I guess they'd had a great night, too.

Once Mana left, Chan threw the comforter aside and hopped out of bed to put on his shorts. I was about to head to the hallway when he grabbed my hand and twirled me into him.

"Good morning," he smiled. He placed a loving kiss on my lips. It radiated throughout my body and made me feel so extremely happy. I kissed his cheek and took his hand as we joined Mana and Seungmin.

On the table were four identical bowls of cereal and coffees that they must've picked up on the way over.

"Cereal?" Chan teased him.

Seungmin whipped around. "I think what you meant to say was, 'Thank you Seungmin for making me breakfast. I'm sorry I'm such a dick sometimes.' Right?"

Mana snorted and took a bite of her cereal.

"Mana, it's not too late," Chan jokingly whispered to her. "We can still get Jeongin for you. Maybe Changbin?"

"Hey!" Seungmin swatted him.

Mana grinned at him, looking as happy as I'd ever seen her.

"What did you two do last night?" Chan asked with a wink.

"We went to the bar, had a couple of drinks, and then headed back to the room and watched Cars."

Chan cocked an eyebrow. "You watched Cars?"

"Yep," she said as she stared down at her cereal bowl, obviously lying. "Well, Cars was on."

I knew it.

"Good for you! Well good for Seungmin. You can do better, Mana. Seriously," he pulled out his phone, "I can call Changbin right now."

Seungmin stared him down. "Maybe I should call Changbin. Have him beat your ass."

"Need someone else to fight your battles, kid?" Chan grinned as he teased him.

"No, but I feel like Ella would appreciate seeing you get knocked down a few pegs. And then she'd obviously choose Changbin after seeing you lose," he explained the hypothetical situation, and it made Chan adorably defensive.