Chapter 56

Chan and I took a morning flight to Boston

Chan and I took a morning flight to Boston. He had told Lee Know the night before that he was in charge and to not let it go to his head. Within the hour, Lee Know had already begun calling the others his peasants and making them call him king...

Chan and I had ducked out before any of the others could complain to him about it.

He was excited the entire flight and the whole drive to my apartment since he was getting to see where I lived for the first time. I was sure he'd get snoopy and dig through things, too.

This made me a little nervous about what state I had left my apartment in. I wondered if I had any embarrassing merch out that he would find and relentlessly tease me about.

Our Uber dropped us off and Chan took both of our bags to carry them upstairs despite my telling him that I was more than capable of carrying mine myself.

"Just because you're capable doesn't mean you should have to do it, Ella. Use me, baby," he smiled and started up the stairs. I passed him and went to my door to get it unlocked.

"This is it?" he asked, his eyes were shiny, and he was bouncing in anticipation.

"Don't judge me, okay?"

"Swear!" he put his hand on his heart, and I rolled my eyes before opening the door.

I had left quickly to get to Dallas. There were some clothes that had almost been brought on my sofa and discarded boots piled by the door. But otherwise, it was pretty clean. My apartment had definitely seen worse days. Chan smiled hugely as he checked my place out.

"I see Stray Kids," he called out, rifling through my albums. He picked one up and a photocard fell out. "You don't keep the photo cards in a binder?" he asked, picking up his own face to put back in my Maxident album.

"No," I laughed. "Felix asked the same thing."

"Your place is so...you," he complimented, taking note of the pink kitchen appliances that I had accumulated accidentally. It just happened to be the best color in everything I bought.

He headed into my bedroom, and I went to quickly toss away anything from the fridge that had gone bad.

"Ella," he called as I threw out a very ripe takeout container.

"Yea?"

"What's this doing here?"

My stomach dropped as I remembered what I had been doing right before I left. Shit.

I flew into my room in time to see Chan picking up my vibrator from the bed. My face turned a bright red watching him touch it.

"It's for..." I tried to find phrasing that wasn't so...vivid. "It's for me to use."

"Obviously. I thought you didn't like toys?" he seemed confused as he fiddled with and examined it. My insides squirmed.

"I never said that."